What are the implications of Poettering working for Microsoft now?

what are the implications of Poettering working for Microsoft now?

Attached: Lennart-Poettering.jpg (500x302, 55.64K)

He's a double agent. Successfully poisoned the well in GNU/Linux land, and will go on to poison the well at Microcock. This was obvious from the moment he was born.

what's funny is he got inspiration for most of his projects from Mac OS

>Poettering working for Microsoft
That's fake news.

2023 will finally be the year of desktop linux.

no it isn't I can confirm it's true

ok do it

ok: It's true

EMBRACE, EXTEND, EXTINGUISH

Fitting. Let's kill Systemd bloat and pulseaudio latency already.
Computers went wrong when they made them for niggers, which Pottering explicitly did.

Good that Pulseaudio is already dead with Pipewire. Now we need something compatible but non-bloated to replace systemd.

He made systemD as some kind of a parasite hook. Now as linux commonitoo is depended on it, Microsoft can take the rod with the parasite hook and own linux community and codebase as a whole.

Linux is just a subsystem of Windows.

Attached: porky1x.jpg (576x566, 33.76K)

I hope distro managers are ready to bust out the scalpels and fire up daemon-tools, but I know they aren't.

I used to work as a dev for Microsoft and I think he'll end up hating it.
Too much politics, too little meritocracy.
Bunch of egoes and retaliation around.
Cloak and daggers. They go on about how your performance evaluation is based on the quality of your work, but I was told, directly to my face, by one of the managers at Microsoft that I had, towards the end of my employment there, received a bad performance score because of my perceived intention to leave Microsoft - which then became a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Also, managers will give you performance scores based on how much they like you or not.
I had the experience, several times, that I had gotten only 1 or even 1* (lower scores being better), but as soon as I had had disagreements with my manager, even if just technical, suddenly my work wouldn't be evaluated as all that good anymore.
It's bullshit. It's about how much they like you, not how good your work is.
And I couldn't do anything about it, even after turning to HR, telling them about retaliation, because they simply said "We didn't come up with any conclusive findings." or some of that bullshit, which basically means "We investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing."

I've never had technical disagreements with my manager.
My manager tells me to do it like this, I answer "yes, master"

I hope he hates it. I also hope systemd gets consigned to waste-bin of software history.

Also, Microsoft is a bad place long term, because your skills will stagnate. You tend to get pigeonholed into a project or a small set of tasks and you get good at them - but just them. At a big company, it's rare for anyone to be in charge of a wide variety of things, which is important for the development of your own skills. You can maintain the same C# component for release after release. You get quite expert at the little island of code you've been delegated, which is good for Microsoft, but is it good for you?

Most of the people who stay there are just too comfortable. They do not seem all that ambitious. They want to have a comfortable job, put in their hours, maybe get promoted from time to time, but that's it. People who stay at Microsoft their entire careers are like atrophied programmers. They have no passion and most of the talk about meritocracy is lip service.
Most of what Microsoft does now is not produce the best software, but they engage in a sort of "financial imperialism": they don't develop the good products, they just buy them. So you have a herd of code monkeys who are there to just maintain. If you are some of the lucky few who can incubate new products and new ideas, it probably takes you years to get there.
The management is in complete alignment with that, of course. There is a strong hierarchy of decision making and you just execute. They do not even seem to trust each other.
For example, during my time working on Windows 8, in order to unlock the new UI, there was a "red pill" program (yes, they really did call it that), which would unlock the new UI, but only for a few devs who got permission for that. What that resulted in, I think, was a dearth of quality feedback from devs throughout the company into the decision making process. It became all secrecy and no collaboration of ideas.

>during my time working on Windows 8
Did you get access to source code?

Better than I could ever expose all this hideous ugliness was the blog we all used to read, called "Mini Microsoft". I do not know if it still exists. I do not know if the employee who wrote it, who was probably breaking NDA, was ever caught. But it was a great source for everything wrong with Microsoft. You might still find it online, in some archives.

Yes. All of it. Of course. I had to work on it.

post actual proof instead of news from a garbage website.

do they use something like git internally?

Now they do, for newer projects. Back then it was a system that had derived from Perforce, I think.

post proof

Why should I?

I can't imagine how stressful it would be to work at MSFT. O365 is already shitty for everyone else and Teams sucks ass. Imagine Poettering on stage with his new Surface running W11 while showing a PowerPoint presentation.