Wayland schizo thread

Wayland schizo thread.

Attached: image_proxy.png (1200x605, 472.15K)

What's the point of distros even still shipping Xorg anyway?

And forget gtk5, they should drop support for xorg in gtk3 and 4 too, it's literally a security risk.

>No WayXorg
X11 is really dead isn't it.

sneed.

Attached: Soy12.gif (260x454, 1.12M)

wayland is literally perfect and "just works" for every use cases

I feel so much safer using wayland, it calms my schizo to know that I don't have a bloated insecure display server like xorg constantly running and watching everything i'm doing. Wayland is comfy

Because everything works better on X, even GNOME itself. Some features such as vertical maximize don't work at all on Wayland yet work fine on X. This is ironic considering that GNOME uses Wayland by default.

>And forget gtk5, they should drop support for xorg in gtk3 and 4 too,
Will never happen. They can talk as much as they want, but, if things stay like this, they will never do it because they themselves know that Wayland is simply not up to par in terms of features and polish compared to X.

If Wayland really were that much better than X, it would have become ubiquitous on desktops long ago. But this still hasn't happen and maybe never will.

What?

this is the schizo thread, you need to go back

How are you gonna run wayland only apps in future?

Wayland feels tight
tighter than Windows or mac os
xorg feels sloppier than Windows or mac os
I won't elaborate

They will never exist.

the logo looks like shit

because productivity is king, not security
a core part of hardening software is to keep usability in mind, because in practice people will simply refuse to update if it breaks a productive system, even when said productive system is full of holes
microsoft's entire business model is predicated on this principal and they ended up with a near monopoly on the desktop and workstation markets

i'd install it to give it a try but its probably not stable enough for every day use so i'd end up just adding bloat to my installation

Is there any reason I should avoid Wayland if I mostly use my PC for programming, web browsing, and video games?
Does any software break on Wayland? For example, I know dwm is designed to use X but there's a fork that uses Wayland, so that's fine. I mean is there any software that literally only works if you use X instead of Wayland?

Attached: 664c14f24f7ee5ee99ec8b28f0ead969.jpg (437x337, 18.18K)

Playing games using Wine won't work on Wayland

>gaymz
You need to be 18 or older to post here.

>>gaymz
You need to be 18 or older to post here.

Can Xwayland not fix that?

wrong. I am playing a game as we speak on my Arch + GNOME + Wayland machine.
it just werks without problems

Is that game Super Tux Kart?

the evil within 2

Attached: 1637493104329.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

hmm, i've seen time and time again this kind of discussion. so, who can explain what x11 and wayland is, and what's the difference between them?