EU Parliament passes “WhatsApp Law”

>But things are about to change. On Tuesday, the EU Parliament passed a law that forces WhatsApp to open up to other messenger services. In the future, anyone who has Threema on their cell phone, for example, will be able to send WhatsApp users a message without having to download WhatsApp themselves. The principle is called “interoperability.”

>WhatsApp users will then receive a request asking whether they want to accept a message from a Threema user. “This changes the entire messaging market,” says Breyer. “For the first time, users have a real choice of which messenger they want to use. Alternative messengers get a chance to compete with the top dog, WhatsApp.”

>WhatsApp had introduced new terms and conditions a year ago and shared data with Facebook. At the time, many users wanted to switch to Threema or Signal. But because they would then have been cut off from their friends, many stayed with WhatsApp anyway.

>There is a transition period of two years for WhatsApp and Facebook, and even four years for WhatsApp group chats.

Source: zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/whatsapp-threema-interoperabilitaet-100.html

Attached: 1626744050295.jpg (800x800, 98.94K)

Finally, now people won't be forced to use zuckberg to message people

>tfw britbong
M*ta will make it available for everyone, r-right?

Attached: sad grinch.jpg (626x626, 64.96K)

kek, shouldn't have left
Boris is busy getting rid of GDPR as we speak

HAHA GET FUCKED BREXITBONGER
WHEN YOU CRAWL BACK TO THE EU IN FIVE YEARS WE'RE UNIFYING IRELAND

>There is a transition period of two years for WhatsApp and Facebook, and even four years for WhatsApp group chats
Just think of the poor FAGMAN, surely you can't expect them to make this change in only a year

I never said we should have. I believe my post >implied my dissatisfaction with the situation.

Irish unity is a matter between the North and Republic only.

You know, poor trillion dollar companies can't even make good products to begin with (*cough* Teams *cough*)

cant tell if this is based or not. but you can be fucking SURE it will create a new GDRP bullshit popup you will need to click with the force of a thousand suns on every fucking app you use now.

Attached: 1649542464909.png (326x313, 107.4K)

Imagine if MS got told they had to make Teams interoperable.
Imagine what a shitheap the backend would be.
Imagine the chaos at MS while they implement it.
Imagine the smell.

>Don't use privacy invasive apps
>Don't get tracking consent popups
>Profit

this mean open source whatsapp 3rd party clients, right? RIGHT?

Imagine chatting with Discord, Skype, Teams & iMessage normies from Signal.

why is it that eu is based in terms of technological policy but cringe in terms of everything else?

Finally, faceberg will be able to spy on threema users and it'll be even harder to convince people to stop using WhatsApp. Also, WhatsApp isn't going to have to change shit, they'll instead force all other messengers to do things their way.
You all got played.

>why is it that eu is based in terms of technological policy
because we don't like being spied by each other
>but cringe in terms of everything else?
what?

How did you come to these conclusions?
>threema user sends whatsapp message
>faceberg knows about it
yes, obviously. but also
>threema user does anything else
>faceberg doesn't know a thing

>Also, WhatsApp isn't going to have to change shit, they'll instead force all other messengers to do things their way.
that's literally the opposite of what's going on here

Based
>Chatcontrol
Oh well who gives a fuck about this

>american is furious about someone being forced to care about his personal data usage
amis have twisted notion of freedom

i could literally give two fucks, your blocking my access to your shitty website that im blocking literally everything on anyways including those shitty cookies you think so highly of.

Fuck you and your popup forced bullshit.

americans aren't the brightest, are they?

>i could literally give two fucks
Could you?

Back in the day we had pidgin, it pretty much did that, the thing acted as a wrapper for multiple chatroom sites/protocols, which required you to login for each thing, i.e AOL messenger, MSN messenger, irc, Yahoo... I suppose it would be almost like having an internet browser open with multiple tabs. Something tells me this will lead to security issues down the road.

>He doesn't use the EasyList Cookie blocklist

EU: No need to innovate, we just use our mass of consooomers to pressure companies in doing what we want.

>Imagine the smell.
curry?