Why do people still care about these pieces of junk? why do they have such a cult following?

why do people still care about these pieces of junk? why do they have such a cult following?

Attached: f0b359c6a49f4a4ce4475264b76b7711--eng-vienna.jpg (640x480, 19.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-NjqNwHidpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

autism + somewhat legitimate anti-american sentiment

gaymes and furr shit.

Attached: mega-turrican.jpg (720x720, 194.79K)

>+ somewhat legitimate anti-american sentiment
why do they let americans live rent free in their heads

nostalgia and a return to a time when computing was something wonderful and soulful. you wouldnt get it zoomzoom

Attached: c64 25 years later.jpg (780x500, 124.94K)

It was what the original Macintosh was SUPPOSED be but wasn't, and about a 1000 dollars cheaper.

>gaymes and furr shit.
whats the correlation between amiga and furries?

Massive inferiority complex of the oldschool cult infused with fresh contrarian blood.

>Paradigm shifting computing levels at competitive/consumer pricing back before Moore's Law was disproven.
Wow I wonder why people thought they were cool computers.

>American company
>Killer app was NTSC-only
Euro cope

Attached: anime subtitle machine.jpg (1024x681, 690.99K)

it was a content creation platform. Having a PC was not a convenience back in the day, either you had work to do or you were truly dedicated to something.

Attached: brutal002.png (320x256, 12.34K)

>Paradigm shifting
Meh, the Amiga's multimedia capabilities while impressive in their time were still too shitty to be anything more than a gaming/demo gimmick, and nothing else it did was all that special. Moore's Law certainly doesn't apply to a platform that was still rocking 68EC020s into the mid '90s...

the scene still exists because of it's media capabilities.

"a time when computing was something wonderful and soulful"
Whatever faggot I can't jerk off to green text

Of course, but that doesn't make it less of a gimmick that was too ahead of its time for its own good.

lol, what a newfag

Amiga were atleast 2 decades ahead of everyone, but normalfags were retarded and didn't know how to handle it. So Apple swoops in and sells them on mediocrity while M$ & IBM take the other half

Normalfags in computing back then were mostly business users who valued expansion, storage and raw speed over specialized bing bing wahoo chipsets. Commode didn't figure that one out until it was way too late.

> why
i'll break it down so your low iq brain can understand it clearly:

> first affordable computer to support genlock
> first affordable computer to support up to 4096 colours
> first affordable computer with (at the time) high quality digital audio (8-bit ~22khz)
> custom chips that did most of the work so the 68000 cpu could do other things while audio/video/disk access was happening
> adopted en masse by movie and television industry - continual use of amigas up until the mid 1990s

state of its competition in 1985:
> apple: 2 colours, no custom chips. beeper speaker. 68000 cpu responsible for drawing the screen, disk access and everything else - was slow as fuck
> pc: 16 colour CGA, no custom chips, beeper speaker

amiga shit on everything and pc faggots and itoddlers still can't cope with the fact decades later.

>It was what the original Macintosh was SUPPOSED be but wasn't, and about a 1000 dollars cheaper.
revisionist history from itoddlers is hilarious.

All home computers were eventually driven to extinction by IBM compatibles, except for Macs.

Amigas were used for music, graphics and video.

Nostalgia. I had one growing up and have fond memories of using it.

Attached: xcopy-amiga-500.jpg (642x407, 93.08K)

the BOOIIING! sound i can still hear in my dreams.

It's sound chip is pretty great.
youtube.com/watch?v=-NjqNwHidpk

> hoffman
cringe. i recall that guy got caught out ripping a lot of his samples from other musician's modules and tried to pass them off as his own. if you want to hear quality jungle by musicians that have some credibility, you should hunt down an amiga musician called Sheffra. a lot of people ripped his samples to use in their modules.

Great software for graphic design (Deluxe Paint), awesome trackers if you're into making music, plus there's the games. Nowadays I don't know of anyone who still owns one personally, however I know of two local TV/cable companies that still operate on the Amigas. Think it's one of them "if it works, don't touch it" kinda things. I wouldn't mind an Amiga personally, even an A500 would do it for me, but the prices have skyrocketed over the years to the point it's not really funny anymore.