Getting m2 macbook air from stinkpad

i have owned stinkpads all my life, tired of them. currently have t440s with i7-4600u, fhd panel, 12gb ram and 1tb ssd.

any stinkpad owners that switched to macbooks here? and what thoughts/concerns etc do/did you have? i'm not trans btw

Attached: IMG_5311.jpg (1600x1600, 580.34K)

Didn't buy a Mac, but I did buy an Asus GAYMEN laptop, and don't regret it. Sure, I couldn't throw it onto a concrete floor like my old ThinkPads, but I don't care. I also don't give the slightest fuck what Any Forums thinks of me.
I dualboot Win10 IoT Enterprise LTSC and Arch+GNOME, though, so I have been infected by a mild strain of normieitis.

Don't! M2 series is bad unironically, just buy M1 pro or max

>any stinkpad owners that switched to macbooks here?
yeah, i ended up switching back since darwin-aarch64 isn't really a supported arch in my field. thinkpad is fine, at least i dont need to worry about dropping my laptop from waist-height anymore
>pic related is the worst colorway
i genuinely hope you didn't see the midnight model and go "ooh, dark colors! this will replace my thinkpad nicely!"

op here. neverr used macos. always thought it was for faggots. but i don't want to die a virgin so i need a macbook

>i don't want to die a virgin
then why are you spending your free time asking Any Forums which laptop you should spend your money on

>tfw my toddler brother in middle school has gets more trim than user
>kid uses a used thinkpad i bought for christmas
Fucking kek

Attached: tonight we feast.png (313x291, 183.86K)

Switch from a T400 from IIRC 2008 to a RMBP in 2012, still using it ever since. I will probably use it until it breaks but everyone works perfect. It's not getting any MACOS upgrades but it is still getting security updates. Original battery still at 90% health/capacity.

Still I've been using tablets more than my laptop, on my last trip I didn't even bring a laptop with me.

m2 is slower than m1 except for adobe

op here. how did you cope with the io and adjust with macos?

jaynigger thread

I rarely use the ports in the first place TBQH. I just used the trackpad instead of a mouse. MacOS has been kinda annoying at first because you simply cannot push the close button on top of a program. You literally have to Command+Q to quit which is dumb as fuck but it rarely have retarded issues like my printer working perfectly today while not working at all 2 days from now like I had with Windows.

>neverr used macos. always thought it was for faggots
why are you letting strangers dictate your life decisions. Just use whatever the hell makes you happy.

>but i don't want to die a virgin so i need a macbook
The macbook isn't the problem here

Once you experience apple sillicon battery life and silence, you will never turn back.

Attached: IMG_3475.jpg (3057x3024, 2.25M)

Nice PS5, faggot. Your boyfriend buy it for you?

op here. fucking jealous. looks clean as fuck

nvm, i just saw the epic crypto gains and laughed my ass off. i hope you got liquid while it was still profitable user, you've got one rocky road to the bottom ahead of you.

thanks for the input

Ryzen is the perfect middle ground with great battery life, performance and software compatibility.

I'm mining for almost 2 years, since I don't hold crypto the hardware already paid for itself long ago.

Since I live in a third world shithole I have access so free energy btw.

Do new AMD laptops have better battery life than Intel?

I will give you a pro tip: get the base 14 inch. The mini-LED 120Hz screen is worth the premium.

Since the 4000 series, it's not uncommon to see laptops get 11-13 hours video playback battery life.
Web browsing, close to 9-10 hours, so close to the MBPro.
Obviously stressing the cpu, you're getting 2 hours, but that happens on the macbook as well.

the only problem is 512gb storage...

no problem bro just replace the NVMe dri.... oh no nO NO NO NO

just get an external SSD/HDD to store media bro.

You WILL hate osx.
It has a different "logic" than you're used to and the many differences will pile up and you'll end up getting very frustrated.
I unironically wanted to throw mine out of the window.

In a month or two you'll fully understand how it works. Every time you have a question of any kind about whatever, just search on the internet and learn how shit works. Don't try to guess, it's only more frustrating.
When you fully realize how osx works, you'll seriously start to hate Windows instead.
You got warned