/emg/ - Emacs and Lisp general

>General Emacs resources
gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html (GNU Emacs Manual)
emacswiki.org (Emacs Wiki)
github.com/emacs-tw/awesome-emacs (Big list of packages)
github.com/thinkhuman/writingwithemacs (Tips for prose writing in Emacs)

>Tutorials
C-h t (Interactive Tutorial)
gnu.org/software/emacs/tour (GNU Emacs Tour)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX2044Ew-UVVv31a0-Qn3dA6Sd_-NyA1n (General Introduction)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVtKhBrRV_ZkPnBtt_TD1Cs9PJlU0IIdE (Org Mode)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8Bwba5vnQK14z96Gil86pLMDO2GnOhQ6 (Advanced Configuration)

>(Self) Documentation
C-h k (Keybinds)
C-h o (Functions and Variables)
C-h i (Assorted Manuals)

>Premade Configs
=Make your own=
github.com/hlissner/doom-emacs/tree/develop (Doom Emacs)
github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs (Spacemacs (heavy))
github.com/snackon/Witchmacs (Witchmacs)

>Reduce Startup Time
use-package defer
pastebin.com/mrPsnUas (Disable GC during startup)
emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsAsDaemon (Emacs as Daemon)
akrl.sdf.org/gccemacs.html (Native Compilation, stable, merged into Emacs 28)
emacswiki.org/emacs/SetupEl

>Changing Default Keybinds
pastebin.com/2hg4g3C6

>Programming resources for Emacs Lisp, Common Lisp, Scheme and Clojure:
pastebin.com/nyTQp7qi
>Troubleshooting
If there seems to be a bug (or complicated issue), anons may ask you to compose an MWE (minimum working example).
To create an MWE, try the following:
1) start emacs with "emacs -q". This disables your init.
2) try to reproduce your issue with as few settings changed and packages (manually) loaded as possible.
These steps ensure that other anons can replicate your problem if it's something more involved. Sometimes you even find the cause yourself this way, too!

Previous thread:

Attached: 1636272712045.png (1440x900, 122.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=axibQV5YsOk
github.com/babashka/nbb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GNU Guile.

Attached: dvce.jpg (800x1000, 237.65K)

If you ponder Emacs, Emacs ponders back

Attached: 1641813737032.png (625x559, 260.45K)

Bros, Lisp just cost me a job.
There's literally nothing more comfy than Common Lisp but I have to dedicate my life to soulless sepples and see sharp to earn a living. If only the fags from Xerox did more than printers

Learn Clojure

Attached: 1632491211658.png (820x823, 1.49M)

The only way Lisp is going to make a comeback is if it focuses on better integration with Unix/Linux, like what guile is doing with guix.

fuck you nigger

*undoes your undo*

I should look into it. Though I don't know if there's a point since everywhere I look they want Java or C# not Clojure. It will probably look better on my resume than CL anyways

If you know CL, you can just put Clojure on your resume without actually learning it. Any competent lisp hacker could probably learn Clojure in like a day.

That's the beauty of Clojure in enterprise, you can sneak it in without nearly as large of impedance.

Someone gets it
youtube.com/watch?v=axibQV5YsOk

Attached: Guile.full.3626652.jpg (2376x1709, 2.46M)

Pardon the brain damage, but any of have used Clojurescript? would you recomend it? i am interesed on getting into this, because i feel that JS, albeit keeping me from starving, is fucking up with my head; i would like that works as a gatekeep drug for now, so something that even if isn't as useful is easy to setup and sneak on a W*ndows corp lap so i can dip toes on it instead of shitposting. This thing in particular seems interesting:
github.com/babashka/nbb

based fellow Any Forumsuilechad
I kneel...

Attached: SF2_Somersault.gif (182x181, 41.82K)

bump

Lol good luck
The cool part of Clojure being hosted and running on VMs is you can just ship a jar (in java) for example as your app and no one knows it was built with Clojure and not java. You can also expose it as a library to java with no one the wiser

Anything on the Clojure ecosystem that thrives to replace sh scripting but less bloated than babashka? Just for curiosity.

clojurescript is alright. not as sweet as Clojure but doesn't leave me with the feeling of disgust like js. being able to write code that targets the front and backend simultaneously is cool

thoughts on moe-theme?

Attached: 1627844012489.png (1600x891, 339.55K)

pure lambda calculus

Attached: Moses_Schönfinkel_1922_(cropped).jpg (220x290, 12.99K)

Too many color. Modus themes reign supreme.

Does modus have a tutorial anywhere? I am not a coder but I would like to write my stuff in a custom theme