Year 2022

>year 2022
>javascript runtime runs faster than jvm
i just started learning javascript.

Attached: bun.png (782x922, 276.86K)

it's not compatible with Node.js
it's DOA

>Bun natively implements hundreds of Node.js and Web APIs, including ~90% of Node-API functions (native modules), fs, path, Buffer and more.
user?

it's not? the website and videos on it said it is. here i was planning on trying out Fresh + Deno. if Bun has a better ecosystem than Deno then it's pretty clear who's going to win in the runtime rat race.

i literally installed deno last night to try out fresh then deleted it once i saw bun's announcement. looks like bun doesn't have an edge service for it like deno does but since it's supposed to be node compatible i can just start using node then transition over once it matures.

deno's incompatibility with node packages seems like an oversight. did they really expect people to drop everything and start supporting yet another ecosystem? sure it might allow new devs to get their foot in early in the package ecosystem but their adoption is going to take a massive hit. have you tried out Bun yet?

THERES SO MANY FUCKING FRAMEWORKS IM FUCKING DONE

I THOUGHT AT LEAST NODE WAS THE FOUNDATION THERE'S NO WAY THEY'LL COME UP WITH ALTERNATIVES TO NODE RIGHT? OH NO WAIT DAHL HAS TO GO AND MAKE ANOTHER NODE BECAUSE HE DIDNT GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

ON THE LAST DAY OF CHRISTMAS YOU FUCKTARDS GAVE TO ME
TWELVE PACKAGE MANAGERS
ELEVEN BUILD MANAGERS
TEN BOOTSTRAPPERS
NINE SCAFFOLDERS
EIGHT TASKRUNNERS
SEVEN TRANSPILERS
SIX POLYFILLERS
FIVE CONTAINER MANAGERS
FOUR STATE MANAGERS
THREE REACT ROUTERS
TWO JS EXTENSIONS
AND ONE BIG FUCK YOU IM OUT OF HERE

>have you tried out Bun yet?
no. and after looking at the github issues page, i probably won't try it out for a few months.

90% is not 100% and also those 90% are for sure full of bugs
no on will use it for serious

it was always a only a matter of time. at the start there were only a few programming languages and look at where we are now.

Is a build system that reuses Node's runtime not a whole thing from scratch. Shouldn't be that fast.

>bun embeds JavaScriptCore, which tends to be faster and more memory efficient than more popular engines like V8
I am having a hard time believing this.

>nodelets btfo
>nodelets found shitting and crying
Zigchads can't stop winning

> Who cares?
Javascript is a shit language. Typescript is 100% a shittier language built on top of a shit language.

Java is a dead, gay pajeet language that runs the most dead apps in the business sector, attracting Raj and Sanjay.

but Javascript takes the cake for being an absolutely horrendous maintenence nightmare, lack of compiler oversight, buggy, slow, piece of absolute garbage.

Javascript is a disgrace to programming and the whole field of computing. It needs to die.

Go do your website bullshit. Meanwhile my shitty C# app, which is very nicely compiled, and has no string constants whatsoever, no eval(), and is methodologically solid, is cranking out hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue every hour.

It never crashes, or has a single bug at all, because the beauty of the strongly typed language standard, and *cough cough* compiler.

Attached: aABQdDMe_700w_0.jpg (534x323, 19.91K)

No other ecosystem has a market place where at each junction you have half a dozen alternatives. Just give me a canonical set of tools I can invest in PLEASE.

>2018 you gotta use gulp and grunt and then pipe it to gobble and gobby goober
>2022 nah you should just use webpack

post github link for your project.

It was over when people thought that websites should be functional applications and not just libraries for information.

Kek. The hymn of the buttblasted webdev. Bravo user!

the best part?
Bun is written in Zig
Faster than V8 therefore Zig got good ads

redpill me on serverside rendering
why would i want to use my servers processing power when i can outsource it to the user?

> frontend sufferings
your-tears.jpg

I want to crowdsource processing to the end user.

because the client is useless and easily manipulated

so?

Just use wasm lmao

why are brainlets like this? go back to shitposting about video games or whatever you used to

>jskiddie thinks anyone wants to steal his uber GUI code

kys