Debian

>Debian
>Xfce
Name a more based distro+DE/WM combo.
Protip: You can't

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-06_22-22-53.png (1726x1078, 162.78K)

>Debian
>MATE
I think you can configure Xfce to look the same and vice versa, but I prefer MATE defaults.

debian with KDE

Debian Gnome
it just werks and doesn't look outdated

fedora i3

Debian MATE

Debian won't make my wifi works even with non-free install
I have to cuck myself with Linux Mint

Arch and KDE

Ubuntu with Xfce aka Xubuntu

gentoo + dwm
enjoy your onions distro while i wait for webkit to compile

Based. Ultimate combo.

This was my go-to for years but I recently tried PopOS and am actually enjoying it. Never have been a big fan of GNOME (the extra RAM consumption is no joke) but it just werks and the easy window tiling toggle is great.
Debian + Xfce is better overall considering the configurability and resource use, but you can't ignore the initial barrier of entry (getting non-free wireless drivers, making the desktop not ugly as shit, adding yourself to the sudoers file, fixing misc issues like screen tearing and jumpy trackpad). I guess I'm just lazier now and want something that works well out-the-box.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-06 17-30-00.png (1920x1080, 384.35K)

Most gnome's "muh ram" shit is... not gnome's actually. If you install bare gnome-shell on something like arch or debian you'll see it idles with something like 500-600 mb of ram, which is like default windows 7 level.
So bloat comes with background processes and services enabled by distro maintainers for their default "just works" system.

ubuntu and gnome is very good for work, but for simple desktop usage, honestly, xfce has never ever failed me and i love It since it's what introduced me to linux in the first place

Windows+bug.n

Attached: default_01.png (1366x768, 96.12K)

Debian + GNOME.

It also happens to be the default.

Desktop environments in general (GNOME included) do not actually use that much memory, all things considered. That's a myth that is largely spread by minimalist fags who run a deliberately crippled setup that is only useful for shitposting on Any Forums and maybe watching anime.

Their memory savings mostly come at the cost of not running basic conveniences in the background such as a notification daemon, a file indexer, an automounter, a terminal server (so that they can open their leet terminals instantly), an input method, etc.. Yes, you will save a bunch of MBs by not running some of this software in the background, but it's going to be annoying when you actually need them. Unless you're that low on memory, you're just crippling yourself for no practical gain.

A modern web browser with a bunch of open tabs uses more memory than an entire desktop environment combined. Unless you have like 4GB RAM or less, which is quite little by today's standards, you're unlikely to run into any problems by running a modern desktop environment. I have 128GB RAM on all my desktops therefore desktop environment memory usage is completely negligible.

macOS

>Redhat Inc, Virtue GPU
If you love Debian so much why don't you daily it?

Attached: 03a.png (680x675, 62.29K)

See Had to switch to VMs instead of bare metal, was getting tiresome

Come home white man

Attached: 1652629323487.jpg (1920x1200, 315.66K)

>KDE
ewwww