The Electron KIller

Don't misunderstand my words. When i say "Electron killer", i don't mean it will make Electron irrelevant. I mean it makes Electron useless as a technology because it solves the only problem Electron comes with without losing any of its advantages.
NO, i am not going to talk about Tauri. Tauri is like Electron. Yes, it doesn't come with a Chromium Browser but it uses the system's webviews which is almost as bad. At first glance, you think that the memory footprint of your Tauri app is low, but it isn't. There is a separate process that runs the native browser.

The technology i want to shill today fellas is called "Sciter". Sciter is self-contained as in built with HTML/CSS/JS but with no browser requirements. A Sciter UI can be built in React, with no browser. Webviews are only optional for situations where you might want to display an http page in your GUI.

You can use the language/runtime/framework you want with Sciter. IT can be anything from Rust, Node.js or .NET. Norton, Avast, ESet and BitDefender use it. And i personnally don't understand why there isn't more people using this technology.

Attached: KbSdV7W.gif (1136x677, 1.05M)

>Unlock Full Version
DoA

Isn't Qt already cross-platform?

>Norton, Avast, ESet and BitDefender use it
Are you trying to make me hate it?

>Supports HTML/CSS/JS
>Not a browser
Pick one

This is an example of a UI built with Sciter.

keep the webshit off my desktop

Apple cucks will love it

Look it up yourself. It offers support for these technologies but comes with no browser and doesn't require webviews either.

>closed source
Dropped

gay

I think I'll stick with open source solutions

Attached: licensing.png (960x1125, 155.79K)

looks pretty interesting desu
wonder how it can be so amazing while electron so shitty?
what are your theories OP

Sciter Engine is a single, compact DLL of 5+ Mb in size. Application using it are 10+ times smaller than the ones built with Electron or Qt.

If you dislike html, css and js you can drop them for something like qml. There are many supported UI languages.

Looks like shit

>closed source
DOA
electron may be shitty but it's free and backed by microsoft

>$310 to access source for 1 year
L O L

The project is free but if you pay 330$ once, you can simply ctrl+c / ctrl+v the entire source code. I don't need that so i'll keep using the SDK as is. OH, and there's picrel.

Attached: opensource_sciter.png (975x606, 102.52K)

>The project is free but if you pay 330$ once, you can simply ctrl+c / ctrl+v the entire source code.
>relying on old version of software with bugs and exploits
It's shit, stop trying to shill your product.

>electron may be shitty but it's free and backed by microsoft
Sciter is free (the only features that are paid are real-time support by phone and whatsapp with the Sciter team and the right to access the source code of the engine) and superior to Electron despite all the backing by Microsoft. Anyone who uses it gets a massive competitive advantage over any existing alternative by being able to move fast while offering the best possible performance a GUI can provide. This is something all SDKs failed miserably at achieving.

Attached: sciterUI.png (840x420, 130.81K)

Hello Andrew, you can go shill your shitty solo project elsewhere.

I'll keep openly shilling a product i fell in love with because it's the best. I won't shill it because i'm part of their team but because my disappointment of other GUI frameworks is beyond words and because it is perfection.

>Sciter is free
No it's not you retarded shill