/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap, laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: dtsizspoe6651.jpg (300x295, 21.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/miheerdew/delayed-admin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I stop coming back to this cesspool? I want out.

how to get prescribed adderall or a good meth substitute in canada

block it.
site blocking with iptables + sudo control with github.com/miheerdew/delayed-admin

DNS block 4channel.org except on weekends, I'm about to do the same

>that pic

Attached: 1657137170320.jpg (833x1280, 179.46K)

bumping

Can you count all your posts on kuroba without pulling the sqlite database and making a query?

I bought a new SSD (WD Blue 2TB SATA) to replace one that died on me. After plugging it in, it does not appear in Disk Management. I did not screw it down before testing (I put the extra drive bays and screws in storage and didn’t want to go dig them out). Is this the reason? I didn’t think it was a requirement.

no, learn what SSD means. you can shake that motherfucker around as much you want.
check if it's detected in BIOS. also by "disk management" do you mean Partition Manager? you need to activate the drive and then partition it, most likely. Tell us what OS you're using if it's not Windows.

Printer's dying and they don't make the model I got anymore, anyone have a suggestion for one they like? I mainly use it to print /tg/ stuff like character sheets and making paper minis.

Attached: NL2s9py.jpg (1200x688, 254.29K)

Is it securely connected? Could the connector have gotten loose?

anything with refillable cartridges so you're not stuck under the ink-jews thumb.

Wirecutter usually has good suggestions for this kind of stuff.

I’m on Windows. I will see if it appears in BIOS. Give me a few minutes.

Additional info:
The SATA cable is plugged into Port 5 on the motherboard. I put it in a wide HDD tray because the wires are too dense to change the configuration, so it’s sitting a little crooked.

it doesnt matter for SSDs as long as the connectors are in properly.
how many drives do you have connected, and any M.2 drives and on what mobo? could be you plugged it into a SATA slot that's disabled cus you have a M.2 connected.

It does not appear in BIOS.
I have 1 M.2 drive in slot 2. I have an HDD hooked up in SATA port 1.

you wouldn't download a house

Forgot to mention my M.2 is NVMe.

You're going to need to google your mobo manual and find out if/which ports it disables when m.2 is in use.

is it in the same slot your previous drive was in? if not try the others and RTFM to see which ones are disabled IF it does that with M.2 connected.
also try other cables.

Replacement activity

also try replacing the HDD with the SSD.