Why the fuck should I use Vim instead of VS Code?

Attached: vimlogo.jpg (750x1000, 68.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vscodevim.vim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck would I use VS Code instead of neovim??

Vim bindings are great for vs codium

Use whatever you want. As long as the code output at the end looks good it doesn't matter what editor you used.

Vim is good. Neovim is great. Vim 9? Forget about it

Give them both a serious try and decide for yourself.

You don't have to trust other people's opinions on things where you can easily get first-hand experience.

Use vim bindings, vim has one job and does it well, which is turning the act of editing into a language, it follows the unix philosophy. you shouldn't use it like fucking emacs that tries to do everything. It therefore better to install vim on whatever IDE (yada yada vscode is not an IDE) you use rather than trying to turn vim into an IDE

I still miss a plugin I had for repeating simple movements and actions, like the period on steroids but not as unwieldy as making a macro.

isn't there a way to get vim functionality/bindings into vscode anyway?

how is this even a question. the extension market place is built into the sidebar. Just look for the most popular vim extension

because i don't program and have never used either of these tools so i'm just making guesses based off vague memories of things people have said

vscode vim
marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vscodevim.vim

you can install it from within vscode

it lacks certain ex commands support and other normal mode features but I doubt you need it.

I use Geany on GNU + Arch/Linux !!!

Attached: 2.jpg (610x715, 72.77K)

Fuck off normie, go use VS Code.

Based and same

Sent from my iPhone

If you have to ask just stick to reddit

You shouldn't; vim is for people with a brain.

Reminder that VSCodium exists, for a non-pozzed experience

Because its funny

Code without extensions is worse than sublime. And Codium extensions marketplace is dogshit.
Of course, you could always install them manually but then why so much hassle for an Electron app?
Switch to Neovim, painful at first but you'll be a chad in no time.

You should use VSCode with the VIM extension.

I honestly can't be bothered to get into it. Tried using neovim with NERDTree, coc and stuff. Just can't be bothered to learn new key binds. Might try again some time. For now it is Codium with vim extension. neovim for editing systemfiles

You shouldn't. Vim is for autistic elitists. VSCode just works, and gets shit done without having to learn fucking voodoo spells.

t. never used either vim or emacs