Why the fuck are we pretending to write/read on paper?

Why is doc and pdf even a thing anymore? We are not using paper for fucking sake, we are using computer screens. Why do we need pages?
To this day (it's been 7 years) I am still angry about having to deliver my graduation thesis on paper. Holly shit, the amount of time I spend twerking that piece of shit to not only look nice, but to conform to the autistic formatting rules of my university. And for what? the entire board was reading my papers on laptops, they don't even touched the printed version.
Why boomer standards refuse to go? Why we can't just write entire books in markdown or any simple markup language (HTML evolved to something too difficult and Latex is simple too autistic to be taken serious for someone with an active sexual life).
What is Any Forums opinion on the subject? Should we start a crusade against boomer standards? Am I just a schizo?

Attached: 1654689431164.gif (244x264, 849.78K)

>twerking
did you make a fucksie wucksie?

ESL

people just tend to stick to familiar things as they get older and are less likely to be interested in trying new things.
that makes innovating on older technologies annoying because you have to present them to people who might not even care if the new thing is any better because they have the old thing that works well enough for them.

You don't read anything except memes and you're mad that other people do.

I put the peanut butter and jelly in the anus and call it a buttwich

>Holly shit
>twerking that piece
>the entire board
>they don't even touched
>why we can't
>to be taken serious
>Any Forums opinion
I think you should have learned to write on paper before melting your brain in front of the screen.

The fact that society continues to emulate book/report form physical pagination digitally, and want hard copies of legal contracts etc is a sign that deep down we're all Any Forums schizos and we all know the grid will unrecoverably fail one day.

op is right.
paper is paper.
a screen is a screen.
different mediums, different formatting rules.
pdfs, docx/doc, and other similar trash is information displayed on a screen that tries to pass as paper. literally tranny paper. YWNBP

this - I want to see the 'botnet isn't real/trust the cloud' crowd scan in the deeds to their properties, cars, their diplomas, birth certificates and government IDs and then burn the originals
do it faggots

>having to deliver my graduation thesis on paper
what third world shithole is that? america?

>Why PDF
Sometimes you need a file that is static for legal shit.
>why use paper
Because paper last longer than anything on the internet. They put your thesis in the basement of the college and it is still there to this day. When your paper doesn't exist on your computer or their computer it will still exist in the basement in the paper format. Paper is still the best way to prevent the loss of information. It is harder to edit paper without noticeable evidence of tamper. While with a file its as easy as pie. When someone wants to access the information in your thesis and its not in the computer anymore, some librarian will take them down to the archive to find it. I mean look at what is happening to wikipedia. People are deleting shit all the time just to push their world view, but paper you can't get away with that. We need to being back paper.

Hey tranny did you know that your local Gov stores them shit on the cloud yeah

did you burn em though?

Yes
>We need to being back paper.
I already do this. Important articles, i print them, and store them. I also buy books on important subjects.

I think all documents should just be an endless scroll with, at most, 600px of width or 70 characters per line, whichever is smaller.

Attached: example.png (1920x955, 263.54K)

>HTML evolved to something too difficult

Attached: 3e66dcdd7744612565385db2b4872b11-2880971507.jpg (736x525, 22.2K)

>look mom i found the grammer misstakes

for readability

It's to enforce a standard look and flow so it's easier to read, plus you won't have autists trying to be "unique" and shitting text onto the document

also just because it's "old" or established doesn't mean it needs to be changed, not everything needs to be a electron app

but requiring a print out is eh, usually it's to make sure you didn't fuck with the document, or have the document be tampered with, etc. Hard to hack paper. Annoying, yes, but understandable

>Paper is still the best way to prevent the loss of information.
what happened to the research into storing info into glass?

Uneducated people are not worth taking seriously unless for some reason you're equally uneducated. Besides, calling out grammar nazis stopped being cool like ten years ago dude. It's actually much more respectable to be a grammar nazi now, especially now that being retarded is becoming normalized (by idiots like you).

You Will Never Be A White.

>acshually i'm cool and educated
congrats on graduating highschool user!!

Attached: 250-3298087590.jpg (250x191, 62.19K)

>he doesn't alternate between intentionally introducing grammar mistakes and having impeccable proper grammer every other post to mask his samefagging and (you)s

Attached: 015.jpg (680x1271, 107.55K)

> LaTeX is simply too autistic to be taken serious for someone with an active sexual life
Maybe it's you who is autistic and not LaTeX