ANTI-FOSS MANIFESTO: Or how I stopped being a libtard and embraced capitalism

You know what I realize after a decade of linux and subsisting off FOSS only? That childhood is idolizing RMS and adulthood is realizing Ballmer was right. Open source is pure communist cancer.

Just like how there can be no ethical consumption under capitalism there is no true FOSS under capitalism. People who contribute to open source are being paid and fed by their day jobs working on proprietary code, and they take that work experience they stole from their employers and redistribute it in open source. Half of a dev's knowledge comes their courses in private universities and the other half come from their FOR PROFIT employers, all of which operate under capitalism.

Ever think about why open source software has such fucking shit UI and industry software doesn't? Because good design elements and new feature sets aren't born in a vacuum, they are fueled and motivated by the spirit of competition in a capitalist society. Except every time Adobe or some other proprietary software comes up with a new idea to outcompete their rivals, the FOSStards steal it for free, sometimes employing black box reverse engineering.They are parasites that bite the hand that feeds them.

If you think freetard shit like GIMP and Calibre have bad design now just see what they'll be like in a society with no proprietary software and they have nobody to mooch off of. They'll be completely unuseable.

TL:DR
FOSS isn't powered by pure codemonkey autism, good will, and free time like you think. It be completely unusable without leeching off of proprietary software. You are all hypocrites. RMS may or may not have had connections to Epstein.

Attached: Steve-Ballmer-010.png (460x276, 141.75K)

The only place for open source is in cryptography for security through obscurity should remain taboo. THATS IT

Attached: 1650864754869.jpg (769x1024, 106.58K)

you will never be white

based and ballmerpilled

Attached: 1641547502082.jpg (4000x5000, 3.49M)

Foss isn’t about giving away your stuff for free, tho. Its literally just about selling the source code with the software.

FOSS will always be inferior to enterprise software just for the simple reason of who works on it. The best and brightest programmers get paid lots of money to work on closed source projects. FOSSfags quite literally do it for free. Hobbyist work will never be able to compete

didn't read

Attached: trandows.jpg (1024x512, 66.63K)

Someone remind me, didn't NSA show up at the first crypto security conference and offer some tips or vague weaknesses about certain ciphers and everyone was like holy shit they're 10 years ahead of the math community?

It makes sense
>hey brilliant mathematician, come work for us and we’ll give you a fuck ton of money to secretly find weaknesses in encryption algorithms to help us catch terrorists and pedophiles
vs
>hey brilliant mathematician, come do that for free so the Dildux distro that’s only used for browsing Any Forums can be more secure

Tl;dr jobless shitstick writes an essay shilling for globalist monoliths that hate him ('her')

post GitHub contribution history

>tfw my gf broke up with me and called the cops after she saw me running SELinux and protonmail

how do I get my life back together binaryblobchads

Attached: 1634056343527.jpg (432x354, 45.22K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (604x205, 20.42K)

>Open source is pure communist cancer.
You just turned me into a freetard.

Good goy, only use the spyware OS. It's (((secure))) and ensures you will be watched like the good American citizen you are.

Audacity is great open source audio software even with its recent misgivings. Blender is great open source 3D software.
>FOSS devs are leeches because ...
>They have day jobs
Yeah in a capitalist society they have to work to eat so they are going to have day jobs. Canonical gives away Ubuntu server for free and the corporate environment leeches off that plenty. Also although they are a an open source company they still make money through support tickets.
>They "steal" experience
A company doesn't own you. You are not their surf or slave. The experience for doing something belongs to you, and if they don't bother to put a do not compete clause in their contract that is on them. Plenty of corporations have used under handed tactics to get a market advantage why should a movement dedicated to helping people not be allowed to employ the skills they learned at their jobs.
>They take good ideas
Apple took BSD and turned it into MacOS. They took from open source and turned it into proprietary software. Yeah Berkeley created their own version of the AT&T Unix code, but they didn't use any of that code in there implementation which is why they won the law suit. Capitalism thrives on competition which sometimes means taking other peoples ideas. So again why is it OK for the capitalist to steal ideas, but when someone wants to give people something for free it's wrong to do the same thing.

Capitalism has always been dependent on the idea of the commons. Since it was first invented by Locke and Adam Smith. The free access to information is why libraries were mandated in every town. If corps can't handle competition from FOSS devs then they lost fair and square.

It’s one of those weird cultural dilemmas. I truly hate the “if you have nothing to hide” shit that authies say, but if you’re the kind of person to use TailsOS and TOR and custom DNS and script blockers and encrypted email and encrypted hard drives with 30 character passwords… it’s kind of suspect right? A good analogy is houses. Everyone has a lock on their house, some people have an alarm system, some people have cameras. Pretty normal. But what about the guy who has proximity and laser sensors and alarms and triple locks on every door and window and landmines and tripwires and booby traps set up. What’s he hiding?

feet

The NSA has an almost unlimited budget and no stakeholders demanding returns. They probably hire more mathematicians than any other organization in the US. Compare this to a regular company that wants you to do presentations for decision makers or make post on social media to increase brand recognition.

This, they are basically two types of people in FOSS.

1.) Those who couldn't make it in FAGMAN because they're too low IQ.
2.) Those who couldn't make it in FAGMAM because they called the HR representative a roastie.

>it’s kind of suspect right?
No, why should it be?

>Blender is great open source 3D software.

Blender is useable because we live in a society where for-profit companies already funded, developed, and set the precedent for various features. The rendering algorithms used by blender are based on papers written by grad students in private universities who have publish or perish pressure. All of this is competition driven. All organisms in a capitalist society are fueled by their desire to rise to the top of the hierarchy. Competition is the carrot at the end of the stick that ensures people put effort into refining your user experience.

How do you think blender would look like in a parallel timeline, where 3dsmax and the like did not exist, where all college education is free and government subsidized, there is no pressure for research or publish or to get into good schools, and all software is written by volunteer work and freely distributed? If you want to live in this world you can go to africa and get your healthcare from doctor without borders as well.

Type 2 are very high IQ, though.

Or 3. People that are genuinely brilliant and love to work on open source projects in their spare time because they truly believe in the principles, and don’t care about the money

Most of Any Forums thinks they fit in this category, but this is only people like Linus or RMS

What conference was this?

There is no reason to believe it wouldn't be the same. You are assuming in advance the conclusion you intend to prove.

It took you 10 years to figure that out? Or is the reality that you finally have a job and don't need to torture yourself with freetard trash

>written by college grads
Who went to state schools and schools subsided by the public dollar for the express purpose of providing free information to the public for innovation.

>FOSS = No competition
No Foss is more competition FOSS competes constantly with paid products. This again is a case of it's OK when a capitalist uses paper written by public universities to enrich himself, but if someone want to use public research for the good of the public it is evil. Its just hypocritical.

Proprietary software isn't what it used to be, because manager class ruined everything. Enjoy your SaaS you will own nothing and you will be happy. And we aren't living in capitalist system anymore, big tech companies are just another extension of the government.

>Calibre
Calibre is shit because it's written by a pajeet. If you use it for more than breaking the DRM of an ebook you're a moron, because the pajeets shit software just breaks the clean html/css of the ebook and turns it into typical pajeet shit code. Trying to train it to not be a pajeet pile of shit is impossible because a pajeet wrote the fucker.
I break DRM other ways, now, because I refuse to put that pajeet shitcode on my computer. I stopped downloading mangled ebooks from idiots using this shit pajeet code to reformat them after breaking the DRM. I spend enough time re-doing metadata that some asshole neckbeard fucked up to make fit his autistic and fucked up way of organizing books.

If you HAVE to edit an ebook, or want to make one, get Sigil. Written by a Croation, not a pajeet with his head jammed up his shit caked ass.

Also let's not suck balmer off too hard here. We have to remember why he said that. Balmer was trying to take other peoples work and sell it. Balmer was a rent seeker and a leech who was mad that he wasn't allowed to steal other peoples work.

he also did a complete 180 on linux

what if the next version of gpt-4 powered tools can decompile proprietary code into human readable code a magnitude better than than traditional decompilers, complete with variable and function names that make sense and everything

Attached: pepe-nervous.gif (493x498, 1.35M)

>Blender is great open source 3D software.
Blender BECAME great open source software, but it started life as in in-house app for a Dutch animation studio. It literally wouldn't exist if not for it's non-opensource beginnings.

Blender is probably the most successful opensource app available, and gets better every year, to where now the pros are considering it viable in their workflow. How the Blender org has handled it is a textbook example of how it should happen.

But it wouldn't exist if you'd waited for the opensource community to make it.