What's a better alternative to this...

What's a better alternative to this? a client needs a cms that is ofcourse WYSIWYG editor (so no markdown and hacky way) but I hate WP so much.

Attached: WordPress-logotype-wmark.png (1000x1000, 82.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nautil.us/are-you-a-naive-realist-20403/
getshifter.io/create-a-static-site-using-gatsby-and-the-wordpress-api-2/
n-gate.com/hackernews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just shit out a wordpress install with a nice theme and get paid you fucking child

No, I'm trying to build my name and brand for perfection and providing the best.

lmao good luck with that

Don't mock me, the more people doing a good job the better for everyone, maybe finally we won't be called webshitter anymore!

>Don't mock me
I'm going to keep mocking you
>maybe finally we won't be called webshitter anymore!
You wish

You are really pessimistic, man!

No, I'm realistic. You'll figure all this out the hard way in time.

You are a naive realist [1]
--
[1] nautil.us/are-you-a-naive-realist-20403/

Congrats on the opportunity to hamfist an article you read the other day on hacker news into a conversation that wasn't going the way you wanted. It's not relevant and you know that, but congrats anyway.

let them use a CMS and you have scripts that check the RSS feed for updates and create a static site from all their content.
extremely fast.
hostable entirely for free.
impenetrable+ will never go down.

What's wrong with HN?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with HN. Why are you so defensive about it?

Thanks, that's actually a great idea, any recommended tools and/or how to do it properly?

i have only done it for myself. i used blogger. might be better than wordpress since it can be tied to their google account so they'll never have to remember login details kind of thing.

basically i just made a bunch of shell scripts. check rss every hour, if update download the new articles, build the entire site. push to gitlab, which triggers a netlify build. might be better to use cloudflare for free static hosting instead.
all free.

just make sure you use a stupid domain name for the blog like

businessNamesPrivateCMS.wordpress.com
and make robots ignore it so it wont be crawled by google.

you probably want to use wordpress though, check this out. this is a more professional way to do it.

getshifter.io/create-a-static-site-using-gatsby-and-the-wordpress-api-2/

Thanks

There's a million different CMS out there. The problems you will run into are always.
> Might become abandonware
> Have to manage the hosting yourself
> Lack of plugins/themes
> People used to WP will complain

>webshit
>providing the best.

Attached: cats-tom-jerry-laughing.jpg (480x360, 48.69K)

n-gate.com/hackernews
Seethe