Tailwind CSS

Is it as good as people say?

Attached: tailwindcss.png (400x277, 4.72K)

Do people say it's good?

>Yeah bro, just fuck up your HTML instead of writing CSS, trust me

No, but it's okay.
You definitely need to be using something like React that'll let you reduce things to individual components, though.
It's basically a better css-in-js, instead of using shit like styled components.

I used to work on frontend 35 hours a week and grew to love tailwind even though I hated it at first. I think the main good idea is just keeping css classes really small and composing a lot, if you do this religiously you probably dont need tailwind
these days i write haskell for a living so dont ask me for advice on anything

it's really really good
it's a game changer

it's css for people who don't know css, so it's ok

I'm using Angular with Angular Material, but we are trying to move away from the Material design system and adopt or own. I thought Tailwind might give us the flexibility, while giving us structure.

Attached: angular-material.png (512x512, 58.81K)

Just another iteration of the retarded webshit cycle.

"Let's invent CSS so we do not put styling in HTML!"
"Now, let's invent this other thing so you put styling in HTML!"

Yeah, we're using it for similar but with React.
Helps enforce some structure to things. We have our style guide set up in the tailwind config, so can just use tailwind like normal and it'll be all nice and consistent.

Do I really need to learn all these css stuff like bootstrap, tailwind, and Bulma?

Not really. Things like these generally help when working on teams, if you're just doing things yourself they're mostly overhead.
Doesn't really hurt to learn though, if you're interested.

We're using it with Vue. As far as shitty styling-without-CSS frameworks go, it's alright. It's relatively easy to configure and write new plugins for, but you definitely need something like PurgeCSS to keep your CSS bundle from being massive.

I generally hate the concept and the complexity of modern frontend development in general, so I would never use it for anything outside of work where I have no choice.

Good to know.

> I generally hate the concept and the complexity of modern frontend development in general
ahaha you and me both. What would you use outside of work? Just plain CSS?

It's a serious wtf. Instead of typing a css, you now type a class name.
I have stopped asking myself what modern web devs smoke to come up with shit like that.

i have no idea what it is so idk

>css classes
>modern web dev
Kill yourself zoomer. This concept is nothing new. Tailwind is just a newer kid on the block.

I'm literally retarded about CSS and still made pleasant stuff with Tailwind.

Plain JS and CSS all the way. No pre- or post-processing, no frameworks, no frameworks or libraries.

Spoken like a true unemployed person.

Take the Imba pill.
imba.io

Based but unemployable

I switched from vanilla hand code to bootstrap as it does cut down on a lot of the repetitive bullshit you're likely to code or clone anyway. Mainly use it for content blocks, and do my own everything else.