Meta releases a language AI

It does contain Finnish to English and vice versa

mobiili.fi/2022/07/06/meta-julkaisi-avoimena-lahdekoodina-200-kielta-kaantavan-tekoalymallin/

They have given the source code for their AI as opened sores so that everyone can have it.

Its able to translate 200 languages from one language to another. Any of these languages can be either a source or a destination.

However it does back up into English in all cases..

Finnish to Spanish? It goes to Finnish-English and then English to Spanish. Same for all other languages too. Speed is nevertheless instantaneous.

It is a text to text AI and not a speech interpretation program.

Attached: 1657069510185.jpg (1125x1370, 1.25M)

Seems like a cool idea
>However it does back up into English in all cases
Aaaaand now it doesn't anymore

What are the hardware reqs for inference? How much video memory?

Mene takas ylikselle

Attached: nytetvittu.jpg (1280x1163, 142.46K)

>text translation is now AI
lmao

haista paska

They commented they were working on a direct translation model (no english in the middle) at one of their press conferences. I would guess they are releasing this because they have a better solution in the lab.

Direct translation makes more sense since words in different languages never overlap 1:1, they always exist in some foggy latent space with vague meaning

Sex

Coffee may be good for you in some doses, but you can't absorb b vitamins properly. Also, it can give you anxiety. I prefer green tea because it has L-theanine.

i hate ML
with conventional problem solving you develop clever methods and deep understanding of a subject matter to fight for the smallest results
ML on the other hand can achieve impressive results in some cases with just brute force and not actually advancing the field it's utilized in
it just feels so wrong

heh first experience with the bitter lesson?
the greatest observation ever made is simply moar cores and moar ram can solve any sufficiently complex problem better than you can solve it

This is why I don't get why people are trying to push for more ML in scientific research. That's retarded, the whole point of research is to understand things, not to produce a black box model with a bazillion parameters.

because they want to compound understanding by producing a black box model with a bazillion parameters that is smarter than a researcher

How does this compound understanding? This is so vague, sounds like you just fell for the hype.

lmaoing @ the seatbelt clip

Wrong thread, user

>snownigger babble speakers mad that a project prioritizes the only language that matters
classic

>snownigger
Lmao

AGI is by nature an alluring hypothetical

Imagine the same clip but on her panties

hope solo. she has nudes.

Attached: Aaron5.jpg (236x355, 13.35K)