Be me

Be me
>Installs Debian last winter because sick of Windows.
>Everything works, read Any Forums something not right...
>Time passes, works perfect, better than I hoped, audio check, wifi check, it's all great. Read Any Forums some more, how did I get so lucky? GNU/Linux always breaks, not a desktop, server only.
I have a theory, but how can a non tech like me get it right, pure luck or what?
Also a Debian thread

Attached: th-3449132797.jpg (474x474, 19.02K)

it's because you installed Debian, the most just works distro of all

You're just smarter than most of the retards on Any Forums. Congrats

Debian is a good workhorse distro.

it's because everyone complaining about linux not werks are macfags/windozers who never used linux

2 Reasons I would guess. Firstly you installed Debian so if you get it right the first time its not gonna break itself ever. Secoundly you probably have some reading comprehension and followed documentation/wikis unlike most kids here

Doesn't work on my machine.

Depends on what you're running it on. Linux usually works better on old laptops pulled from ewaste piles which is why pajeets love it.
It doesn't work the Thinkpad T480 however. Audio, trackpad, hdmi, bluetooth, biometrics are all out.

and the cycle continues

You don't try to be smartass and everything just work.

works perfectly on my thin 2020 $1000 laptop

OP seems to be one of those people you're describing too, and yet he figured it out easily.

Any Forums is literally full of shills and bots. You learned something today

you don't get it, i mean they have NEVER used linux so they can't know if it works and are just spreading lies

>so they can't know if it works
You're saying someone who hasn't used Linux before is incapable of telling if their sound or wifi works? That's retarded. Fuck off.

It works great if you're just shitposting on Any Forums or watching YouTube but you've clearly never done more than that if you think debian is anything other than a toy OS.

Youre much more generous tham me bless your ignorant heart user.
Many of these 'people' arent genuine. Theyre in what you might call the advertisment business

at least half of those people are just bored, and not paid or something

nigger, not only before, they haven't even tried to run it

That too. Theres great many people just stirring shit up out of boredom and to be dicks. But theres also shills and every major industry has them and they do get paid to post bullshit on sites like this.

DIMM slot on your G45 mainboard not functioning
single channel 2GB with LXDE barely uses over 1/10th of memory resources
universal operating system respected by computer hackers everywhere

Attached: Gabriel Dropout - 01 5.jpg (1920x1080, 133.51K)

I genuinely find it hard to tell who's a shill and who isn't. In day to day conversations, brands and naysaying come up all the time, so it's not entirely unreasonable to have a conversation that kinda sounds like an ad when you write it down.

We are long past the time that ads gained consciousness and actively posses people. We are currently experiencing the largest scale voight-kampff test ever. See that the ones that have failed are far more likely to be ads as well as npc bots.

Be aware that Any Forums is full of paid os shills. I run Debian on my desktop since 2016 without any problems. My laptop runs that since 2018 and only problem there is uvcvideo sometimes froze whole system, but I do not use webcam much now so not a big deal

>He thinks installing linux makes him smart

Unlike OP thats larping I've actually run Debian as a daily. It's only teens that think being able to install a linux distro makes them a L33tH@x0r that actually use this shit. As a daily driver it's like pulling teeth to get anything done. If you've ever had to check a fourm to learn how to do something on your OS your OS is shit. I'm sorry that I had to break it to you OP but using linux just means you got filtered.

Attached: Screenshot_20211106_041844.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>he doesn't believe just using linux alone makes you a hacker
how does it feel to be new, newfag?

you run outdated kernel, you should updoot

Thanks for bursting my balloon, I was starting to get a big head.
But really, I never claimed anything else Sherlock. Still maintain debian is pretty much bombproof. Also Any Forums has helped me with folders, text editors and things so credit to you all. Thanks

i run the same kernel, what's wrong with it?