Just tell me about it, Any Forums

Just tell me about it, Any Forums.

Attached: fedora-36-new-features.png (1200x750, 177.75K)

It's true user. YOU could be the next beta-tester for RHEL!

For free?

Fedora is great.
I just don't like the amount of kernel updates I get on there. The 3 distros are great Debian, fedora, arch.
Just base your decision on update speed and defaults.

OR, you can be a beta-tester for an alternative, botnet operating system which also hurts you in thebmost ways possible, and the name of it is windows

At-least you have more software.

more viruses*

But yeah fedora is a great OS

nah, everything works for me in wine, and if you manage to find something that doesn't work on it, windows is good enough to be ran in a vm

To be honest, since switching to fedora last year, I'm also astonished about the amount of kernel update too. But that's okay, since they are mostly sub version updates.

it's unironically trash
I'm convinced Red Hat pays shills to shill it here

>nah, everything works for me in wine
Good for you. Windows software is a pain in the ass on wine.

And much more viruses, malwares and a whole army of malicious software especially made for Windows and against Windows. That is dedication. Oh, and of course the also numerous snake oils (antiviruses and many cleaning software). And not forget the bunch of customization and theming tools, to.. change the look of Windows?

And the few expensive but honestly good software..

six-month regular release is like the worst of both worlds. Plus don't I remember reading that they can't stop fucking with the package manager for no real reason?

it isn't? just install the latest version of wine instead of held down stablel

I don't get paid and I don't shill it here often but my company only allows fedora and opensuse on work laptops. Ubuntu is allowed if running over windows but our laptops come with linux.

my condolences go out to you

It is okay as general use distribution, like most big name ones are. (openSUSE, Debian, Ubuntu flavours etc). Running XFCE spin myself since forever. Few things to point out:
- SELinux, cgroups etc out of the box on non-minimal installs
- System management closer to Red Hat Enterprise than Debian
- Need to enable RPM Fusion repos for codecs you'll probably want (since those are nonfree packages)
- DNF is pretty nifty tool actually
- There's six month release cycle, with support for around 13 months or so for one release. That's so that users can skip a release if they want. Will mean using dnf plugin to download and install new packages.

Is there any way to make dnf just any faster? I'm no updooter but it feels kind of annoying when I'm waiting for almost a whole minute to just install a little application.

dnf config-manager --setop=max_parallel_downloads=10 --save
dnf config-manager --setop=fastestmirror=True --save

Boom, faster dnf.
Some people say you can set it higher than 10, but I've never tried.

Many thanks, I should try this.

One of the few distros that actually try to push the Linux desktop forwards. Which other distro has features like flatpaks, zram and btrfs set up by default?

>btrfs
I wish they enabled snapshots by default though. Seems kinda pointless to use btrfs without one of its biggest advantages. Also it creates a silly 1GB ext4 boot partition, don't know what that's all about.

>1GB ext4 boot partition
It's XFS now I think, at least it's what it gave me a few weeks ago.

They need to boot partition to boot LUKS2 encrypted drives with GRUB. This is a failing of GRUB and an annoyance but it is what it is, maybe in the future once Fedora goes EFI only they can adopt systemd-boot.