The Kino Trio

XFCE, Cinnamon and Mate. You don't need anything else. Which team are you user? as someone with a high paying software engineering job I go with XFCE.

Attached: file.png (600x400, 115K)

I use GNOME because I have a girlfriend and I got her to install Ubuntu, so I use Ubuntu too for helping her with troubleshooting

Poor excuse, my GF just uses her windows machine and I could care less

Attached: 724.png (929x1280, 912.35K)

yeah dont get your gf into linux you will regret it when she breaks up with you and you improved her efficiency and workflow forever

>as someone with a high paying software engineering job
ugly virgin fag

projecting.

Xfce, 100% factory settings

XFCE when i want to play dwarf fortress
dwm everything else (will never not use dwm)

Why don't you play df in dwm?

XFCE
Captcha: W2RATP

i have like 4-5 df related programs running when i play and it's just more convenient to switch between them with a taskbar. i dont play much so its not worth it to make a whole bunch of float rules in dwm for the programs.

>Captcha: W2RATP
We too RAT pee?

GNOME 3, GNOME 2, and NOT-GNOME
Great picks, you could've just posted GNOME and XFCE instead of being retarded though
This

I always flip a coin. Can't decide between XFCE and Mate.

Xfce. But i disagree with you.
There are 4 DEs worth existing: Gnome, KDE, Xfce, LxQt.
You have 2 major ones, developed with their vision and based on particular toolkit. And there are 2 minor ones for weak hardware or niche purposes, catching leftovers of majors and implementing them in their way, one per toolkit.
Everything else is almost useless and unnecessary.

Cinnamon is even more bloated version of gnome, looking ugly no matter how you rice it for some reasons.
Mate is weird one, i like some mate apps, but environment itself is clunky and have dumb things you cannot change. Xfce is more polished, customizable and easier to get used to.

My opinion. Don't want to mention others, but i used pretty much every DE.

Cinnamon is comfy as fuck.

drop xfce and it's right

>gtk3 javascript shit
>gtk3 shit +old school
>gtk2+3 buggy shit, they should've stayed with gtk2

MATE, aka GNOME before they fucked it up

sysadmin and I use MATE
I'm lazy and I don't like change