If you're a midwit developer you can't hate leetcode

>100x easier than real programming since the requirements are laid out in front of you and each problem only needs a 30 minute attention span
>companies reinterview so much that you can interview 2 or 3 or even more times to get in so the average employee has less than a 50% interview pass rate
>is the reason why you can make 150k+ starting without knowing what a REST api, no joke some of the new grads don't know what HTTP is and they still all make six figures

Attached: 1_gBkMCGTAdSk4tu17SCa7RQ.png (1360x512, 81.82K)

Do people actually use leetcode?
I just read picrel and implement each new algorithm I see. I am half way done.

Attached: cab2ebf487fc9c2f19fa698d4a027a1b-d.jpg (385x500, 21.54K)

yes, specific leetcode questions will directly be asked during interviews
it's good to know the fundamentals, but it's even better to also have experience solving the exact questions you'll be asked during a whiteboard tech interview
there's no excuse to not be able to solve leetcode easies
i prefer building projects, but the interview meta forces you to be familiar with LC if you want high odds of success

>interviews
I am not a cuck. If a company wants to me to do work, they will send an offer, and if I accept, I will work for them. Once the work they hired me for is complete, I will leave.

leetcode not resembling real programming is what makes it cancer. it's led to companies hiring people that are good at basic math and solving dumb puzzles but are as good at engineering software as a syphilitic woman

cope
how about they are good at both leetcode and software engineering?

like 20% of the time, sure.
the only actual function of leetcode is to be a de facto IQ test to thin out applicants because the industry is oversaturated

Are you employed? I wish this mindset worked for me. Interview procedures are fucked now. Too many shitters fell for the "learn2code" meme, and now we need these arbitrary tests to filter out the fraudulent shitters.
Shit sucks.

Companies have the mindset of: "Well, if this guy can solve LC questions, surely he'll be smart enough to learn our stack & procedures after we onboard him."
In their minds, it's better to have somebody who's at least capable of learning LC, than it is to have a fraud with a copied portfolio, inflated experience, and zero practical skills, who will be incapable of fully onboarding.
>wtf is a for loop? and why do arrays exist? fuck this
>why can't i just use a template & copy code from stackoverflow? AHHHH

It is what it is

>Are you employed?
Currently, not, otherwise I wouldn't be on Any Forums. When I work, I want to finish the job to standard, as quickly as possible.

There are plenty of people in tech that need work done and have money burning.

>hates leetcode
>is unemployed
many such cases.

Everyone hates Leetcode except pajeets that copy other people's answers. You just have to get used to it.

Cope wagie, I'm living the comfy life. No gods, no masters.

you're making $0 and here you are in a leetcode thread telling everyone how much better you think you are by not doing things that will make you money
such comfy life that you need to cope with posts like these lol

It's not about how much you are making, it's about how much you've made.
You are clearly a shill for some large company.
Go implement half the book I posted.

code golfing cancer

>Go implement half the book I posted.
not taking advice from unemployed poorfags sorry

What are some good alternatives to LeetCode?
I just like solving interesting puzzles.
I don't care about interview at all.

I'm Indian and we all study and practice leetcode and AlgoExpert all day and trade tips and advice for our interview. It's good to know Americans are being filtered by leetcode. It makes it easier for us to get hired.

you are laughably stupid

i enjoy doing code questions, but most of the time, they feel extremely useless lol
nothing can replace real-world development
honestly if you're a good programmer, you can learn the basics of leetcode-style questions pretty easily
it shouldn't take you too long to learn the fundamentals, and be able to solve easies
being able to solve easies on your own is good enough unless you're applying for a FAANG job or as a senior dev for some shitty startup
what interviewers want to analyze is the process you take to solve the question, they don't expect you to be a master, they just want to see if you're capable of solving problems

t. brainlet

It's a gatekeeper.
You have to memorize e.g. DFS implementation in order to make it in a 30 mins interview

L6 at faanG 500k TC and I don’t even know how to code, my job has no code but leet code got me the job in the first place.

Attached: 04652E2B-ED2A-4B64-AE43-5BFF2DDB4E97.jpg (402x604, 40.81K)