What would you like to see in a GPLv4?

What would you like to see in a GPLv4?

Attached: download.jpg (1704x2272, 898.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/mongodb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the NO FAGMAN clause

Built-in code of conduct

GPL3+nigger is GPL4
deal with it nerds

An anti-SASS clause like what exists in SSPL to spite FAGMAN.

Not sure if it fits into the actual GPL, but a better AGPL that clearly defines that you need to share source with anyone that directly or by any proxy interacts with your software. Something that really covers all the bases.

If a legal loophole that allows developers to follow the letter of the GPLv3 while breaking its spirit is ever found, a potential GPLv4 should address it.

This is precisely what happened with the GPLv2 (search for tivoization) and the main reason why the GPLv3 was written.

I'm looking at SSPL and it seems pretty based, but I don't see any mention of SASS?

Attached: 1656576004128.gif (498x424, 3.18M)

Its (SSPL) goal is to stop FAGMAN (google cloud, microsoft azure) from offering it as a service without giving anything back (code, money) to mongodb.
releasing all the infrastructure source code (not Just the modifications to Mongo) is what breaks it for FAGMAN and it stops them from using MongoDB for their SASS solutions.
You know it's good when redditors and people from ycombinator are chimping out about it.

I'm retarded. Somehow I missed the whole section on it.

>13. Offering the Program as a Service.

Why does it make reddit and ycombinator mad? I don't use either of those site and I am unfamiliar with their communities.

Attached: tooru.jpg (1280x720, 104.98K)

that would make it non-free

>If a legal loophole
one can muster enough big shot lawyers and everything becomes legal, especially when it comes to topics that are alien to virtually any member of judicial system i.e. information technology and related fields

i am not that guy, but maybe they want to use mongdb in one of the fagmans cloud

no need for a v4 until corpos find a new loophole. v3 only exists to work around tivoization

boobs

MongoDB is an AWS partner with a shitload of official documentation.

aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/mongodb/

How is the license keeping people from using it on their cloud?

Attached: mimsy-heart-as-lucoa-maid-dragon_001.jpg (1080x1349, 197.91K)

GPLv4 should protect software from being used for non-free AI training

Right to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software for any reason I see fit.

Attached: ehrmann.jpg (819x1024, 152.43K)

Way to have all reverse proxies ban all AGPL code and then have free software websites getting DDOSed every millisecond by Turkish skiddies.

>one can muster enough big shot lawyers and everything becomes legal
Few people can.

Which marvel movie is fagman from?