How fast is C really

Like compared to other fast languages like Go? Is it the fastest language that has a readable syntax? If so, is it worth it to learn in 2022 if I want to write some more complex shell scripts?
> t. Javascript fag

Attached: c.png (362x479, 16.15K)

faster than go
slower than fortran

Learn Ada. It's what all the cool kids learn.

>If so, is it worth it to learn in 2022 if I want to write some more complex shell scripts?

No, probably not. If you want an automation tool use bash or Python.

>compared to ... Go
Around 30% to 200% faster.
>readable syntax?
If you're used to javascript you won't have much trouble learning C.
>is it worth it to learn in 2022 if I want to write some more complex shell scripts?
No if you're just writing scripts keep using something very high level that's easy to modify or throw away.

It's plenty fast, at least until you fuck up and the compiler optimizes away your UB-riddled shitcode entirely and inserts a virus in the mix.

Why are you comparing it to go though?
You're not thinking of using it as z backend are you?
That thing was made before HTTP was even a thing dude.
Damn man it just irritates me when people imply they're better for doing stuff like that.

Why there is no retard friendly web framework made in C?

You've already created a story and an image about OP without him saying anything about backends.

>want to write some more complex shell scripts?
C is not the language you're looking for. Try perl

I don't man a lot of these higher level languages seem to break down when dealing with +10,000 lines of data or so.
Go was used in both kurbenetes and docker.
Go has concurrency. You might have a hard time making C concurrent. I mean it's possible but. Like if you need a beefy script is say golang desu.

>kubernetes is a more complex shell script
Barely.

php?

Um well either way

When I was in school in the early 2010's I took a class on parallel and distributed programming where we implemented mutexes/semaphores/butterfly gates by hand and worked with pthreads. Most annoying class ever. Debugging was ass because reproducibility was flaky at best. Literally early era shader debugging by changing the color of a pixel was easier. When I went back a few years to ask about grad school they said the class was no longer offered. Concurrency is built in now. Felt like a waste of time tbqh. Should've just stuck with pure functional programming

>Go was used in both kurbenetes and docker.
Translation: Google uses it, so you also have to use it. Pay no mind to its actual merits as a language, of which there is literally only one.

Slower than Go
Slower that fortran
Slower than Javascript on my V8
Slower than LuaJIT
Slower than Rust

Google also backs angular and that turned out to be the losing horse. And Dart as well. A Tell me why I should invest in a losing company.

That is my point, you mong. lrn2read

>is it worth it to learn in 2022 if I want to write some more complex shell scripts?
Goddamn boomers are dumb. Even the questions are dumb. Am I being trolled here?

what's a mong
don't call me that

Ok we narrowed the race down to two rust and go but which one?

>Deno was initially written in Go and used Protocol Buffers for serialization between privileged (Go, with system call access) and unprivileged (V8) sides.[11] However, Go was soon replaced with Rust due to concerns of double runtime and garbage collection pressure

Was Dahl's choice correct?