If Lisp is the most powerful programming language, then why has no one written a Lisp kernel?

If Lisp is the most powerful programming language, then why has no one written a Lisp kernel?

Attached: smug kot.png (1000x1414, 1.54M)

nakadashi

That's a pretty lady :)

They did but garbage collecting languages aren't really good for kernel development.

NAKADASHI

Every Common Lisp implementation either runs on bare metal or has a lisp kernel for loading images into memory. If you mean "kernel" as in the OS concept, then Genera and Mezzano implement that for you.

Of course I know you and the rest of Any Forums are just 14 year old nigger cattle arguing in bad faith, so I'll hide the thread now

Attached: B588EF40-14BB-4A3D-A2B6-A139F8DEE8B6.jpg (1200x1697, 1.21M)

>garbage collecting languages
>garbage languages
Fixed

You probably can't even write a fizzbuzz. Get lost, kid.

fortran is more interesting than lisp
there were fortran chips where fortran instructions were microcode instructions on the chip
the fortran base is 8k. fortran includes its own little maintenance environment. y doesnt anyone bs about fortran in here. APL isn't even mentioned there are far more interesting thigngs around than fortran. BTW. if you fking go on abou lisp 'some kind ofa n 'elite'' thing python, used properly, is a lisp subset.
idiots.

fortran was its own os kernel/everything
and it is incredibly tiny

Your language is shit lisp boomer

>Why there are no compiler for C written in C and all C compilers are written in C++? (Except meme compilers like the Plan 9's C compiler)
C and Lisp are meme languages.

Idk and I don't care about lisp but she is pretty

Go back

no u

I wish I was her

Genuine question. How does garbage collection affect kernel development? Is it the speed or are there other factors?

>apl
pls be bait

>python, used properly, is a lisp subset.
KEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
thanks user, i actually wheezed a bit

AGP

based

Nakadashi kyaru

There actually used to be a family of powerful computers which ran Lisp bytecode directly and had a very advanced dev environment with hypertext (before HTML was invented) and IDE features. They were way ahead of their time and loved by their users but went out of use after the main company manufacturing Lisp hardware made serious missteps dealing with the VLSI revolution.

Attached: de0.gif (1152x870, 27.32K)

The problem is that to collect garbage you need to stop code execution. I'm not sure what heppens if you hang the kernel like this.

don't listen the insufferable faggots on this thread, firstly you can't even write a kernel with garbage collection, at the lowest level it usually comes down to the compiler and the implementation of the language, you could be easily write a lisp flavour that can shit out raw machine binaries.