>turn monitor off
>turn monitor on
OH BETTER REARRANGE ALL YOUR WINDOWS BRO

Attached: dport.jpg (506x240, 16.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kangyu-california/PersistentWindows
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Win11 just works for me in that regard

My i3 desktop just werx, each monitor has its own set of workspaces that get moved to the remaining one when disconnected, to be moved back whenever I wish.

Attached: 1656308606942.jpg (1080x630, 224.74K)

it fixes the issue from win10?

>he fell for the multimonitor meme

Attached: 1629279434429.jpg (4000x3000, 1.14M)

windows 7 here. not a problem unless is a TV. monitors are fine.

also you can fix that shit with regedit.is like deactivate monitor auto detection. i dont use a tv so I don't need it.

No, or at least not with laptops

I shouldn't have to edit the registry to fix an issue that didn't exist with DVI and HDMI

start menu and desktop shortcuts on a second smaller monitor make 48" oled life even better. in a lotta ways except the endless window rearranging

you're using windows, of course you have to fuck around in registry to fix basic shit everyone else has figured out

>blaming the OS for poor implementation of device ports
linuxcel detected

linux distros are for pedos and schizos which one are you?

modded ps4?

It's the pro version

can confirm. a lot of shit in windows is there for """""""compatibility"""""""" with old software that doesn't even work properly.
t. daily windows user that runs xp vm to run old software

decent workaround here user
github.com/kangyu-california/PersistentWindows

>Oh, that monitor is no longer connected I should move everything off it
it has been well known that DP doesn't keep the connection alive when the monitors are in sleep or powered off, as such the computer sees the cable as being unplugged, this is the fault of DP and windows is working as intended. (Try remoting into a Windows machine that has two monitors from a device that has one, some programs don't respect the moving of windows and it's a pain to get them back on screen)

my monitor does this with hdmi too

>windows moment
lmao

Anyway you probably have stale registry entries about your monitor configuration, delete everything but your current one under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

And it will be okay

how do you know which is current?

nvm i figured it out, but it didnt fix the problem.