I'm buying and moving into a house with some hippies and they think wifi radiation is bad meaning we are going to have...

i'm buying and moving into a house with some hippies and they think wifi radiation is bad meaning we are going to have pay to get ethernet ports installed all around the house.

what are some things i could say to them to convince them that wifi has no effect on your health?

Attached: fgwwy85djme81.jpg (640x800, 157.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BH3gJctqKk4
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19758659/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14628307/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15007865/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9261543/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're right.
youtube.com/watch?v=BH3gJctqKk4

ZAIZAIDevlin 1 day ago

"Two things...
1, We have been using radio for more than 5 generations but we are still here?

Dear "ZaizaiDevlin",

These are two very important issues, and I hereby try to answer them to the best of my capacity.

1. To begin with, radio has not been used for 5 human generations but in most countries only for one - or at most two - full generations. Actually, the radio and TV exposures of our populations have possibly left an unwanted mark on us. For instance, Dolk et al (1997) found that there was significant decline in skin and bladder cancer incidence among adults in England as distance from a frequency modulation (FM) broadcasting tower increased. In the second part of the study, these investigators reported a similar trend for individuals who lived various distances from FM and TV towers, but the effect was less pronounced than in the first study. Furthermore, cancer incidence has also been associated with proximity to television towers (Hocking et al. 1996). We have studied the incidence of melanoma which has been increasing steadily in many countries since 1960, but the underlying mechanism causing this increase remains elusive. The incidence of melanoma has been linked to the distance to frequency modulation (FM) broadcasting towers. Using exposure--time-specific incidence extracted from exposure and incidence data from 4 different countries, compared with reported age-specific incidence of melanoma, we could show a correlation between melanoma incidence and the number of locally receivable FM transmitters (Hallberg & Johansson 2002). Of course, further studies are needed to unfold the mechanisms and factors behind these observations.

>pay to get ethernet ports installed
Do it yourself of you can't afford it.

>it's in a scientific paper so it has to be true
I bet you think cello scrotum is real too.

Attached: 1642882432144.jpg (772x248, 37.2K)

>the pedo elite love me so it cant be true

>it has to be true because I'm ignorant of how technology works and refuse to learn

why do you want wifi? wired is better
also you are your own person, if not having WiFi is a deal breaker then don't move in with them?? can't imagine sharing a house with other people that arent immediate family / my kids personally. people need space

ethernet is better for opsec
unironically the superior choice

also medium access scheme with wifi doesnt work so well with multiple users due to collisions and cluttering with neightbour wifis

>i know as much as neuroscientists with PHD's who dedicate their entire life to studying the subject
>i dont agree with their conclusions so it's untrue

>wireless
enjoy your cancer

>the science is settled because of one paper that agrees with me
are you gonna black out the sun, Mr Burns? That's a lot of radiation, some even ionizing (unlike wifi etc).

I agree with these scientists
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19758659/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14628307/
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15007865/
Also
>PHD's
>'s
>possessive

you better get some sex from those retards, OP

Attached: 1657029224493.png (489x512, 93.74K)

These studies have nothing to do with the health risks of wifi. This is like saying knives are safe because surgeons use scalpels.
This is not a peer reviewed paper, this is a YouTube video of some clips taken out of context by a concerned parents organization. You could have at least linked the paper referenced in the video: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9261543/
The paper is not written by Johansson and does not trivially apply to humans. All the research I could find from pulling that thread was either extremely specific or inconclusive (a correlation between RF exposure and cancer doesn't narrow things down, RF exposure correlates with urbanization and urbanization correlates with a billion other possible health factors).
That said, there isn't much conclusive evidence about the health risks of microplastics but it's still not smart to assume they're safe. Limiting your exposure to poorly understood artificial environmental factors is not a bad idea, so long as you don't let it control your life. If you actually read a comprehensive list of all the things that have been linked to cancer, you'll very quickly find that there is more there than any mortal being has time to care about.
When it comes to health, your best bet is not to worry about all the millions of things that may or may not be a risk, that way lies madness. Instead you should focus living a healthy lifestyle: eat healthy, sleep soundly, exercise regularly, get plenty of sunlight. There's no magic bullet, there's no boogeyman, general health and wellbeing is always the most important factor.
As far as technology solutions, you could try hiding the SSID, using those powerline adapters, or meeting them halfway and using a bunch of low power access points rather than one high-power one.

paranoia or not, it's still an upgrade to move to a wired network

Do they also not use microwaves because they also operate at 2.4ghz? Try to spin it like you agree with them that wifi is bad but only that 5ghz shit that's small enough to penetrate the human skull then enjoy based long range wireless g/n.

>wifi isn't radio

Attached: 1636448695513.jpg (1000x650, 72.56K)

your house is being bombarded with all kinds of radiation all the time whether you generate any yourself or not

How about they show data that supports their claims instead of shifting the burden of proof to you?

Also please ask them to always have airplane mode active on all mobile phones, tablets and laptops. No microwave, no artificial lights.... all those things are man-made gadgets that radiate waves.

How does their logic only apply to WiFi and none of these other things? Demand sources.

Not really. They're not gonna break encryption, OK it tells people that there is something out there to hack, but in a city that could be anyone, and if your firewall is correctly set up you can just restrict access to LAN to all WiFi clients, you also isolate clients and you should be golden even with security (the only purpose of a WiFi password is to prevent others from taking up your bandwidth).

none of them have mobile phones?
>why do you want wifi? wired is better
this is true too, until you want to move around at least