OpenRC Hate Thread

Who designed this piece of crap? The most basic tasks like shutting down your machine is extremely complicated. The argument of it's less bloat isn't valid because it's broken and by the time you add enough daemons it's already bloated. I can see why all the best distros use systemd which was ironically designed by an Apple shill.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 6.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/LICENSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's just that thing to make schizos happy

just pick the systemd stage3 like a normal person when you install gentoo

Is runnning poweroff or reboot too complicated for you? Also yes it is bloat nobody runs half of the shit that systemd comes with and gets replaced by other daemons anyway.

Kys, openrc is based

it just werks

Attached: 1645413527168.jpg (1080x990, 79.83K)

>>The most basic tasks like shutting down your machine is extremely complicated.
loginctl poweroff. yup, super complex retard

Based on what?

>doas shutdown
>complicated
?

If the pain points are focused around shutting down a long running system that is a good sign as far as init protocols go.

Attached: Screenshot_20220706-005059-01.jpg (1052x405, 60.33K)

It only exists because a bunch of contrarians don't like change and felt the need to sperg out about systemd. So it's a toy and it just doesn't have the developer time behind it to work out the bugs.

Just use systemd like a real man, woman or non-binary eldritch horror, like the rest of us.

It predates systemd by far, and as it is not also a "home manager", "network manager", "encryption manager", etc there is no need for a team of morons to work on it (in any case 60% of systemd contributions remain from Leonhard Pöttering.

ah I see you're running OpenRC
I'm more of a runit kinda guy

Attached: 1656858570242.jpg (480x360, 9.72K)

i like how you qt up the place but now you posted cringe

>The most basic tasks like shutting down your machine is extremely complicated.
idk user, sounds like you're making shit up, i just use shutdown command to shutdown and it werks

kek systemDickSuckers ITT making up straws to grasp

I run openRC and it works well like most other init systems
why get all up-in-arms about software used to boot your computer and manage daemons?

As a trans woman, it's my responsibility to hold strong opinions about technology and programming languages.

>cuck license
github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/LICENSE

>systemd shills getting so buttdevastated they have to try ragging on real init systems now
tbf runit and s6 are better than openrc, but systemd ain't even in the race

>doas poweroff
>doas reboot

Are you retarded?

systemd is not in the race because it's F1 while inits are just go karting.

The only valid argument against systemd is that it does too much. That parts of it shouldn't be part of an init system. But all of those "unnecessary" components can be disabled at compile time. And most systemd opponents use source-based distros, so there is literally no reason for them not to use a systemd configured to their liking.
Ergo, systemd-haters are just contrarians, hating it because it's popular.