How do I write a program that writes programs?

How do I write a program that writes programs?

Attached: PEPE_THE_FROG_1000-920x584.jpg (920x584, 41.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine_(computing)
youtube.com/watch?v=8gh4Ald4yZQ
cs.cmu.edu/~rdriley/487/papers/Thompson_1984_ReflectionsonTrustingTrust.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Write GPT-3

Not difficult.
echo "Watch me write a program!" >&2
cat

Lisp macros.

Have you tried asking a program to write that.

Do you mean a compiler or a macro?

I'm being serious

Then buy a fuckton of GPUs and train your own GPT-3 instance with program code in a single language of your choice.

Thatd probably be more efficient and better than scrapping all of github and calling it ai heh
Like add some kind of text recognition ml library and have it shit out code accordingly
Most boomers probably just want an excel, api, database shit

So am I. GPT-3 is a program that is capable of writing other programs. You can create your own by training gpt-2 on a custom dataset

i = 0
while True:
with open(f"{i}.py", "w") as f:
f.write("print('Hello world')")
i += 1

Use GitHub's program that writes program to help you write a program that writes programs.

Maybe someone will use your program that writes programs made using GitHub's program that writes programs to write a program that writes programs of their own.

Attached: zqs93sr53apsaf9au0ny.jpg (1600x900, 63.1K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine_(computing)

Excellent

Now all we need is a plane that flies other planes and we're all set

Suggesting a compiler was relatively serious

lisp is the answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=8gh4Ald4yZQ

LISP has been deprecated by python (the whole repl thing). The metaprogramming thing has also been deprecated by C macros.

Wrong. Lisp has always and will always be the playground for exploring programming language ideas.

Oh maybe its not as straightforward as i thought...
Like openai has text recognition but it comes attached with what they give you i think.
I dont know... Like seriously everyone mocks those machine learning udemy courses but it seems like nobody here knows how to even use these tools lol.

>my language has a "repl" too!
Garbage imitation duct taped on a language that isn't designed for it, that always fall short from the heights of Lisp and Smalltalk interactive development.
>my language has macros too!
Glorified string substitution.
There isn't a single thing other languages that Lisp doesn't have or couldn't be trivially implement in Lisp.

"In college, before video games, we would amuse ourselves by posing programming exercises. One of the favorites was to write the shortest self-reproducing program. Since this is an exercise divorced from reality, the usual vehicle was FORTRAN. Actually, FORTRAN was the language of choice for the same reason that three-legged races are popular. More precisely stated, the problem is to write a source program that, when compiled and executed, will produce as output an exact copy of its source. If you have never done this, I urge you to try it on your own. The Discovery of how to do it is a revelation that far surpasses any benefit obtained by being told how to do it. The part about "shortest" was just an incentive to demonstrate skill and determine a winner."
cs.cmu.edu/~rdriley/487/papers/Thompson_1984_ReflectionsonTrustingTrust.pdf

Our solution is to kill the clone before reproducing.

Attached: Clone.png (920x696, 69.51K)