Pinebook pro pre-orders tomorrow

Pre-orders for a new run of ANSI keyboard Pinebooks starts tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience with them? Worth it to tinker around with ARM architecture? Any good distros supported?

Attached: pine64.jpg (900x900, 40.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/2022/06/28/june-update-who-likes-risc-v/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic rel

Attached: pinebook-pro.jpg (1200x900, 66.96K)

>Any good distros supported?

Attached: pinebookpro.png (362x455, 62.87K)

>tinker around with ARM architecture
what does it even mean? you compile everything with the same compilers, regardless of architecture. unless you are coding some extreme low level crap, don't bother.

how good is emulation on this? should I look at rpi4 emulation as a similar performance metric?

Attached: 1634945096375.jpg (1000x1333, 187.71K)

>lots of hw issues
>ex.: battery will deplete while charging and using
You’re either shilling or a retard

Attached: AB8083C6-B391-490A-972B-9CF41E1EDDA7.jpg (800x723, 53.06K)

>pine64.com
Oh cool, cheap devices to tinker with.
>pine64eu.com
Noticeably higher prices, enough to discourage me from buying them for fun only.

I have one, like it, build quality is ASS the screws on the shell eventually get loose and you have to hope the bad boy doesn't just pop open. Tightening the screws helps for a short while

I would order but I hate ANSI
>>pine64eu.com
Run by some random pole not related to pine64.
It also add ~100€ markup to Pinebook pro when compared to buying from the official site and paying VAT yourself.

>pine64eu.com: 360€
>pine64.com, shipped from china for 20USD: 281.68€ according to the Finnish Customs' official customs calculator

>pine64eu.com
It's not an official store. Pretend it doesn't exist

>not related to pine64
>not an official store
It's run by Lukasz Erecinski, for kurwa's sake, anons. pine64.org/2022/06/28/june-update-who-likes-risc-v/
pine64.eu is the unofficial one. Yeah the markup is painful, I knew prices would be higher since it's a separate business to run but that's just much more.

>official store
ok I might be mentally disadvantaged
>While this store is completely autonomous and independent of the Pine Store and PINE64, I simultaneously see it as a natural extension of my activity within the framework of the community. I have been a part of the PINE64 project since its inception and have taken on the role of Community Manager in 2017. I held this role for 5 years, until the day PINE64 EU opened for business. I therefore choose to operate this store with community principles in mind – PINE64 EU donates to Manjaro, Mobian and postmarketOS based on PinePhone and PinePhone Pro sales. We also plan to support other projects down the road.
So, eh, I don't know. Kinda want to support a fellow kurwabro, but on the other hand I'm a cheap fuck who optimizes purchase decisions.

>2 + 2 bL cores
>4GB LPDDR4
>64GB of FUCKING eMMC STORAGE
>360€ + tip
Oh shit dude, what the fuck are you doing?! Get a fucking StinkPad for 200€, upgrade it with the other 160€ and wipe the floor with this piece of shit.

>While this store is completely autonomous and independent of the Pine Store and PINE64, I simultaneously see it as a natural extension of my activity within the framework of the community. I have been a part of the PINE64 project since its inception and have taken on the role of Community Manager in 2017. I held this role for 5 years, until the day PINE64 EU opened for business. I therefore choose to operate this store with community principles in mind – PINE64 EU donates to Manjaro, Mobian and postmarketOS based on PinePhone and PinePhone Pro sales. We also plan to support other projects down the road.

FPBP
/thread

You want to compete, user? Me the retard and (You) the blind?

Yeah I saw that other comment afterwards and wanted to delete mine. I pressed three times, it didn't work and then I said fuck it, let people think I'm a retard

Don't worry, we can be retarded together.

Attached: 1657099968995.jpg (740x669, 50.36K)

>Anyone have any experience with them?
It's pretty anemic, I've stopped using mine at this point.
>Worth it to tinker around with ARM architecture?
If that's what you're looking for, knock yourself out.
>Any good distros supported?
Install Gentoo.

Attached: gentoo sword.jpg (2474x1908, 1.11M)

as expected from polin jews

Oh wow, I can't wait to purchase a laptop with a 10-year old ARM chipset, 4GB of non-upgradeable RAM, no real software support and 1 month long warranty for 250 USD while totally NOT thinking how good of a used business machine I could have got for that money. But it's a deficit good, right? It's not available half the time after all. You better buy it while you gave a chance, goy.

what that?