They're pushing me to buy a Mac

They're pushing me to buy a Mac.
They're going to ruin desktop Linux.
I love FOSS and GNU but I can't stand the GNOME/Redhat insanity anymore.
Please anons tell me how to salvage Desktop Linux so that I don't switch to something that I will regret in the future.

Attached: gnome.png (2048x2048, 516.73K)

dont use gnome then

Stop using gnome...?
Idk man, it's your shit.
I couldn't care less.

use xfce

Linux Mint Cinnamon

The problem is that even if I'm not using GNOME they are still infecting everything with GTK.
GTK2 was the last good version of GTK in my opinion everything after has been downhill.

>they are still infecting everything with GTK
lmao, fucking WHAT
did they force you to use gtk at gunpoint

Hi Jay

>did they force you to use GTK at gunpoint
Yes, both Firefox and Chromium use GTK.
So you're forced to do whatever GNOME tells you to do.
I know it might seem like one of those fucking bait threads but I'm not a fucking jannie and not baiting.

>Yes, both Firefox and Chromium use GTK
then use another browser
>So you're forced to do whatever GNOME tells you to do.
lmao, gnome didn't tell you to use firefox and chromium
>I'm not a fucking jannie and not baiting
fucking liar

does it matter if chrome uses gtk? thr browser situation is fucked up but thats kind of a seperate issue. blame google and mozilla.

>just use some other browser other than [the only two usable browsers]
Wow! Great advice faggot!

>5 better DE
>Some even made by randoms
>All out perform Gnome
At this point I can only guess Gnome fags either don't care or like watching their wife get fucked by dogs with parasites in their cocks

>then use another browser
There is no other browser as capable as those two.
>lmao, gnome didn't tell you to use firefox and chromium
I just wanted to tell you that it seems to be impossible to have a GTK-less system today.
>fucking liar
I don't know how to prove to you that I'm not Jay.
It sadly means that by using Chromium or Firefox you have to react to everything that the GNOME devs deprecate.
They could even force you to switch to another display server that isn't Wayland if they wanted to.
They could force you to switch to a display server where you can only run GTK based applications just because they control all the capable browsers.

>she didn't even look
there are a fuckton of webkit or blink based browsers and forks of firefox and chromium

> implements the portal system
> scaling aware
> wayland compatible
> available as bindings to many other languages
> decent documentation
> GUI builders like glade/gnome builder
> free to use and the code is open
What's wrong with GTK again?

Attached: 1f914.jpg (1200x630, 41.75K)

>There is no other browser as capable as those two.
hmmm maybe gtk is not all bad and can be used to build capable software
>I just wanted to tell you that it seems to be impossible to have a GTK-less system today.
it is you just didn't try

>implements the portal system
And deprecates it for everything that isn't flatpak.
>wayland compatible
Soon to be Wayland only

>And deprecates it for everything that isn't flatpak.
Not a problem, all other package managers are broken shit that don't have proper sandboxing
>Soon to be Wayland only
Not a problem, X11 is dead

>And deprecates it for everything that isn't flatpak.
Only flatpak enforces the apps to use portals, you got any other platform that does so?
>Soon to be Wayland only
Good.

>Only flatpak enforces the apps to use portals, you got any other platform that does so?
For the sake of clarity, flatpak apps that are on flathub enforces portals.

>hmmm maybe gtk is not all bad and can be used to build capable software
Of course you can use GTK to build capable software, GTK in principle is a good concept but the people who make decisions in the GTK world own you if you do.

retard

>X11 is dead
It wasn't dead before Redhat decided to kill it.

Any arguments?

and the people who make decisions in the mozilla world own you if you use firefox
and the people who make decisions in the google world own you if you use chromium
and the people who make decisions in the linux world own you if you use linux
so what the fuck are you trying to say besides "gtk bad"

The point is that the GNOME devs make insane decisions while other devs usually don't.
You never know what kind of shit Redhat comes up with tomorrow next you know they will deprecate the Linux kernel and force you to switch to a new and "improved" GNOME kernel.
So that you can use the superior Redhat/GNOME system.

No user, it was dead 20 years ago. It killed itself

Works on my machine

>The point is that the GNOME devs make insane decisions while other devs usually don't.
so "gtk bad" got it
>You never know what kind of shit Redhat comes up with tomorrow next you know they will deprecate the Linux kernel and force you to switch to a new and "improved" GNOME kernel.
>force you to switch
>force
just stop using RHEL lmao, who the fuck is forcing you

>You never know what kind of shit Redhat comes up with tomorrow next you know they will deprecate the Linux kernel and force you to switch to a new and "improved" GNOME kernel.
That doesn't make sense because the Linux kernel is practically a RedHat product and there is no other kernel they are experimenting with to my knowledge.

Good for you, doesn't work on anyone else's

You need to switch to our new Kernel because all of the GTK applications will only work on it so if you want to use a capable web browser it seems like you must abandon Linux and switch to the new Redhat system instead.
Basic rug pull something that IBM/Redhat could do in the future.

>You need to switch to our new Kernel because all of the GTK applications will only work on it so if you want to use a capable web browser it seems like you must abandon Linux and switch to the new Redhat system instead.
or just use another fucking browser
dude the fuck is wrong with you

>POV you are a KDE schizo

>or just use another fucking browser
There are only two real choices and both of them depend on GTK.

Let's see if you will still call me a schizo in 10-20 years.

mutts law

>There are only two real choices
no

Sure. I won't hold my breath lol

Attached: f5e.png (758x539, 462.08K)