IPS or VA?

IPS or VA?

Attached: 1657064197482.jpg (600x600, 15.34K)

miniled ips 120hz

I have a VA and absolutely wouldn't buy one again due to the black smearing. Having dull blacks is much better than this. It makes high-end GPUs and high refresh rates pointless because everything in motion ends up being a blurry mess anyways. My next display will be an IPS for sure until better tech comes along.

I want to buy a monitor for watching movies, for that purpose deep black is quite important.
How bad is the black smearing effect?
Is it only boticeable in games?

My brother has one and the few times I looked at moving object there would be some sort trail on objects. Plus I hate the curvature

Bump

Depends on the panel. The Odyssey G7 for example is VA and it's amazing. Most VA panels are shit though (horrible smearing)

>Movies
Do yourself a favor and buy either OLED or a good mini-led

I have IPS and absolutely wouldn't buy one again due to backlight bleed.

If your monitor has backlight bleeding you should have returned it you moron

VA is gaymen trash, but even at this TN is better.

Backlight bleed is basically inherent to IPS you dingus.

IPS until OLED is more affordable

It's not just games, the black smearing is noticeable on text and images when web browsing too.

Yeah, literally the 'only' VA monitor that claims to have no black smearing (Samsung G7) also has the most extreme curvature available, which makes it an instant no-go for many people.

VA panels have backlight bleed too dude.

If you want a proper theater experience, just set up a projector room.
This is the only way to experience home Kino

Attached: fb6a0931cb440d3507e005f72a4e033f.jpg (1456x1092, 200.41K)

IPS with a colorimeter
any monitor that isn't thousands of dollars is considered consumer grade where the manufacturer considers backlight bleed a nonissue. you're just going to swap for a potentially less bad panel, not a good one. you don't need a reference monitor and you're not gonna get one

Anyone one here has the AOC Legend Monitor?
It's a pretty affordable 240Hz monitor but it has a VA panel and I am worried about ghosting/black smearing, does running at high refresh rates mitigates that problem?
It doesn't have to be perfect, just not being atrocious is enough.

The last time I went out to a movie theater it caused me a lot of eye-strain to look at the screen, since the projector was only working at ~30fps. There were shots where they panned the camera left to right that were a complete blur. A modern home projector is bound to provide a far better experience than a commercial theater in this regard. To be fair though, nobody else in my group noticed the horrible framerate, so it may well depend on your own eyes.

High refresh rates don't reduce the black smearing effect. It may be fine for your purposes though if all you want it for is movie-watching. If at all possible try to go to a place that demos a similar panel and get a taste for it in person. The effect is most noticeable on objects that are moving very quickly.

OLED

ultimate consoomer scam, imagine spending 5x for better blacks lel