>be me
>major in computer science
>no internship
>no skill
>no connection
after fail countless application for internship opportunities at fortune 500,
finally land a job at local IT consultant company with start salary 25k

yes, I'm thinking kms by EOY

Attached: wojak-cries-computer-eyes-closed.png (1102x967, 501.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ichxKWQwwkU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I make 40k a year as a baker/packager. My entire job consists of putting bread in bags, pastries in boxes, and making french bread, pound cake, and angel food cake. That's literally it. Degrees are quite literally worthless in modern times.

Attached: 1655376992081.jpg (700x918, 78.88K)

you could do that, or you could make four times that amount in 2-3 years now that you've got your foot in the door if you stop spending your time wallowing and learn basic profitable technical skill.
>hint: this is why companies without indoctrination programs prefer not to hire fresh graduates

I have no degree, my first job paid 25k. Then 35k, then 50k, then 65k, then 85k, then 90k, then 140k. You can do it. Takes a while though I started this journey in 2014.

but OP has a job where he can sit and shitpost on Any Forums all day. Who really won?

how old are you, kid?

Idk, I seem to be able to post here just fine. And I get to bullshit with the other bakers. I actually like my job though and don't have a desire to kill myself.

Sorry, user. Use this time to get some personal projects under your belt. The same thing almost happened to me. They wanted to pay $13.50/hr to be a consultant. I told them to fuck off. Got a different job making $20/hr and worked on my programming proficiency. Now I make $180k.

How does this happen? I imagine the
>No skill
Is the biggest issue? How proficient do you need to be at programming to get the usual entry rate for a Jr swe? (60k+)

Not OP but how long did it take you? and how many hours outside work did you spend on them?

2 years and I just worked little by little. Maybe 4 hours per week. I did 2 larger projects. Get a raspberry pi, there's some great projects you can do with them that are also really useful

Jeet/underage larps are so embarrassing

idk about that...

My last "real job" was in like 2008 at a lumber yard where I worked for like a week before being fired.

Essentially, my work history is full of "self employment" and a business venture, but having a comp sci bachelors I managed to get a $90k/yr job a couple weeks ago.

Just make sure you don't overpay for the degree, that's really the main problem.

You won't get 100k in your first year, retard. It takes several years to get this kind of money. Often more than 10. Take whatever pays best, change jobs often, and you'll get there.

>It takes several years

Nigga what?
I earn 200k a yr and I have less than 3 years exp

yeah, and you're paying 150k rent in sv. there are software devs outside cali.

already a wagie thread up faggot.

Work on personal projects, work for a year and then spam your resumes on linkedin. It's not the end of the world.

mcdonalds and walmart pay more

>tfw you realize you have to actually try at some point
it could be worse, you could be working an unpaid internship

Attached: 1_ronnie-mcnutt1.jpg (615x459, 23.41K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ichxKWQwwkU

>shitpost on Any Forums all day. Who really won?
Not OP.

linkedin + recruiters are really the golden ticket, I would still be unemployed if a bro-tier recruiter hadn't picked me up.

he probably looked at my github and was like "oh he can actually do the work" then tried to find the right position for my background