How big is too big?

Attached: 1648975629414.jpg (2000x1040, 202.32K)

why even bother with shit like this? just buy a FUCKING DSLR. i want faster cpus, more ram, better screens, and more storage. not something i'll never use because i'm ugly

>How big is too big?
As long as it's not black, the size does not matter.

Why don't people just buy a mirrorless instead if they need to take photos so bad, shit's probably cheaper and comes in smaller dimensions than a fucking smartphone these days.

Jesusfuck. If it has to have a giant bump in the back, at least make it square so that it doesn't wobble like crazy.

>why even bother with shit like this?
To take better photos with my phone?
>just buy a FUCKING DSLR
Why would I purchase and constantly carry around a DSLR when I can just use my phone to take photos?
>i want faster cpus, more ram, better screens, and more storage
I want none of those things except maybe storage, because phone hardware is already far better than necessary for anything that has any reason to be done on a phone.
>i'll never use because i'm ugly
Sorry you're ugly, but maybe if you understood that some people aren't, you'd answer your first question.

>i want faster cpus, more ram, better screens, and more storage
Why even bother with shit like this? just buy a FUCKING PC. i want better cameras, optical zoom, image stabilization and better face detection. not something i'll never use because i'm not ugly

>forced to 23mm focal length to fit the """1 inch"""" sensor
Lmao

Because NPCs only look at their photos on instagram and facebook, they don't care about taking actual quality pictures, just ones that are "good enough"

Those people don't need op's ridiculous abomination, who is it for?

this, phones are the equivalent of what disposable film cameras were in the pre-digital era. Those had garbage lenses and cheap film, but they were good enough for 3x5 snapshits. much like phones. If you want better quality photos than that, you get a real camera, not a phone. If you're using a phone, the photo is going on instagram or faceberg or something where any actual quality is a waste.

Also 28-equivalent is the most boring FoV possible

>Sorry you're ugly, but maybe if you understood that some people aren't, you'd answer your first question.
>He thinks he isn't ugly

Attached: shrek.jpg (992x1024, 66.55K)

retard. TOTL iPhone main camera is 26mm and TOTL Samsung is 23mm. Xiaomeme isn't even that far off.

>not something i'll never use because i'm ugly
Unless you're some sort of an alien I doubt your face will be facing the back of your phone the majority of the time.

You can't carry a FF mirrorless camera in your pocket comfortably like with a phone.

I'm extremely attractive. Don't be too mad.

Optical systems need depth too, not just width.
Note the made-in-China "Leica" lens is still tiny just made to look huge by adding a massive black circle around it (a trick commonly used by low end lenses)

The amount of seethe in this thread over a cool phone camera is astonishing. How fucking ugly are all of you?

The ugly part doesn't even make sense since this isn't even the selfie camera. Probably just a bunch of incel that don't leave the basement so they can't find a use for a camera.

There will always be a compromise between portability and image quality.
Adding a bit of a hump isn't going to make the phone camera much better, but it is going to make it harder to fit in your pocket.
It's like wanting a compact city car that can also haul huge loads. - never going to happen.

The only sensible middle ground is a camera with a collapsing lens.
Like a Ricoh GR.
Still no awesome image quality but 23X better than any phone can produce.
And it just about fits in a a pocket.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still a shitty normalfag boring focal length

It's literally smaller than the S22 ultra, is this bait?

Attached: 1657061675956.jpg (854x1971, 114.46K)

Recent Samsung flagships are close to the pocket camera quality, easily. Plus they can do a lot more with the data than a dumb camera. Even if you process the images separately from camera RAWs, it takes a lot of time and is annoying. With phone it's just a snap and you don't have to worry about it at all.

Snoy A7C with a small prime fits in a jacket pocket fwiw
But yeah, still haven't figured a way around physics to get actually good image quality at small sizes.

Yeah, I also don't like how phones take away all creative control considering that in order to get decent looking images out of their tiny sensors and lenses is to do some heavy processing that the user gets zero say in. With a proper FF camera you'll have more dynamic range to play with from a single shot at ISO100 than a phone's bracketed HDR can give
Not to mention to complete lack of control over DoF other than some weird guesstimating blur algorithm that looks like vomit

>it takes a lot of time and is annoying.
Maybe if you are a photo normie.
If you care at all about photography it's a no-brainer to shoot raw and post process using proper software not run it through the phone's beauty filter.