/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 7 edition.

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Google-Pixel-7-series-colors-1024x614.jpg (1024x614, 86.73K)

Whats a better option, a Pixel 3 in a shitty color for $130 or a Pixel 4 in a nice color for $250? They are both brand new.

what android phone is known for reliability?
I've been weighing up upgrading from my iphone xs max but its biggest pro is easily that its the most reliable phone ive ever used
however naturally im getting a little sick of ios limitations
been considering just going used android since phones are so damn expensive these days
oneplus 8 pro, galaxy note 20 ultra or note 10+ I've been eying up - I kinda wanna try a note out.
any suggestions?

Attached: 1656438419343.jpg (250x250, 7.14K)

>reliable
i don't know, anything not $100 chink garbage
literally every smartphone me and my family have been using past decade is very reliable, just don't buy the crappiest one possible

my last experience with android was on a flagship just last year and there were too many instances of apps just heating up the phone and causing battery drain for seemingly no reason. Gave me enough doubt to return it, but now my xs max battery is down to 84% health and storage is getting tight.

just gonna link my treatise on battery helth here because a new thread was created while I wrote it.

TL;DR
>limiting the charge works wonders
>heat might affect it, but definitely worse when combined with higher charge

Health is at 96.5% after 10 months including lots of android auto use. Forgot to mention I also limit charging speed a bit (helps prevent heat too especially for android auto) and that reported cycle count is 70 now, whatever that means (definitely less than the real one which is probably more like 130+).

I have a Poco F2 Pro

Where can I find a genuine replacement screen for this fucking thing?
I ordered one and the colours are all wrong, sent away for a refund.

Attached: 51DJaKeoyqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (688x850, 52.12K)

and I should have added, I've been hearing about quite a buggy experience on Oneplus devices and pixel devices (which is a shame as the 6 pro looks good otherwise), so I'm wondering what ones are better on the bug front

Surprisingly, I found a repair shop when I broke my Mi Mix 2s that had original screens in stock. So maybe find one of those or find some other official channel.

You guys are my last hope. I upgraded from an LG Stylo 4 to a Moto G 5G. It turns out LG had created by far the best memo software ever in it's Quickmemo+, and it is apparently exclusive to LG devices. I have spent the last two hours finding a comparable app to no avail, AND downloading apps of the lg app. The apks will either not install because my phone has a similar package or signature, or the app doors install but crashes immediately when opening. Does anyone have any idea how to get LG quickmemo onto my phone?

I could just keep my Stylo 4 until it no longer functions, but I'd like to figure this out if possible.

Go to xda

>Forums
That takes me back. Thanks user.

>be longtime iPhone user
>starting my first real job, and they give us flagship phones for work stuff
>we can choose between Android or Apple
>want to get a S22 ultra or a Pixel 6 pro to try out all the cool features
>don’t want to have the Green Text Bubble of Autism TM* because coworkers will think I’m a sperg

Attached: Crying_Ass_Nigga.gif (498x427, 19.09K)

My Note 10+ is great and I can see it lasting a while. Note 20 Ultra seems worth it for thr 120hz and 5g, so I'd get that.

You can still buy them cheap new and open box on ebay.

get the iPhone for work, get android privately later. Android benefits are more for private use ;^)

Based coomer

You're putting a case on it anyway just get the cheaper one

the 4 still has a year of android updates though

Got the A52s. What are some good email managers with spam filters, file explorers because they don't want me snooping around in the app data, and browsers that aren't Chrome, FF or Brave?
I know about F-Droid in case recommended stuff is there

Zenfone 9 when?

>browsers
Kiwi browser with ublock origin extension, the built in ad blocker should be disabled at first (it doesn't block all ads like on youtube for example) then install the ublock origin extension.