How do i find out if my 7 yr old pc needs a CPU upgrade or a graphics card upgrade?

How do i find out if my 7 yr old pc needs a CPU upgrade or a graphics card upgrade?

Attached: need.png (814x747, 453.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

userbenchmark.com/resources/download/UserBenchMark.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what are benchmarks
compare your potato with benchmarks of programs or games that you play to todays hardware

>computer too slow
>needs upgrade
/thread

look if the cpu draging or if the gpu is rushing

post your specs faggot

>computer too slow
>needs linux
/thread

>installs linux
Computer now too fast

i guess im trying to see if there's a way to tell what the most cost effective upgrade would be at any point.

i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
16GB RAM
Radeon RX 570

By seeing if your machine feels too slow doing the tasks you want to do.
Once you've ruled out any gummed-up OS causing slowness, check your local equivalent of Task Manager.
Memory usage very close to the top of the graph? Add more memory.
CPU meter pegged to the top of the graph? Get CPU upgrade.
GPU usage pegged to the top of the graph, but the CPU isn't? Upgrade GPU.

Play a game with a usage overlay on.

Is your GPU at full utilization? Replace the GPU
Is your GPU not a full utilization and the CPU on high/full utilization or a single CPU thread reaching full utilization? Replace CPU
Is your GPU not a full utilization and no thread on the CPU is on full utilization? Could be RAM bandwidth/timing (could also be a dogshit game engine)

userbenchmark.com/resources/download/UserBenchMark.exe
Run it and post the link if you want actual advice.

>actual advice
>userbenchmark

The site has a bias in the way it presents scores. The benchmark itself is concise and allows anyone with half a brain to get a good overview of a computers performance and some potential problems.

The most cost effective upgrade is not upgrading

>want to play modern games
>can't
>want to upgrade
>realize modern games are kinda shit
>don't want to upgrade
Is true.

Steady low fps: upgrade GPU
Stuttering: upgrade CPU

It's that simple. Maxwell GPUs (GTX 9xx) do cause lots of stuttering as well when bottlenecked though

Have you tried enabling SAM instead?
Shit solved all my stuttering on a R5 X370 build.

>Is your GPU not a full utilization and no thread on the CPU is on full utilization? Could be RAM bandwidth/timing (could also be a dogshit game engine)
In most cases this is drivers. Currently all AMD RX 6000 series owners know that the metro series of games is completely unplayable, all thanks to broken implementations from AMD.

don’t get 3XXX ryzen, 5XXX is where they became competitive with Intel

>t. intelfag userbenchmark schill

I had that cpu yeh you need to upgrade but no point unless you plan to upgrade the gpu also