Been thinking of taking the rust pill. Should I? Is it worth it?

Been thinking of taking the rust pill. Should I? Is it worth it?

Attached: rust.png (460x460, 17.22K)

What do you want to do with it?

Yes. It's peak comfy. Once you get over the learning curve you'll never look back.

No, don't, you'll be filtered by the memory safe janny and shitpost about it on Any Forums forever.

Before cutting your dick off, please consider the following: Nim, Crystal, Zig, Go.

Just some basic programs for fun. Stuff to pass the time. Is it enjoyable to use rust? Is it fast? I'm concerned with speed and size of the program. Is there a lot of dependecies like python or shit like that?

I shall

i'm super curious about it, but i don't really know what domain it excels in.

embedded is clearly still owned by C due to library support, service code is split between jvm / go... so what is rust actually *good* for?

Is the learning curve steep?

The syntax is shit, and it takes forever to compile. If you want to actually learn programming - because I suspect that's you real goal here and you're afraid to ask - do C++ of a version after 14.

Rust can do both

>cutting your dick off
How is this related to rust?

>cutting your dick off
>How is this related to rust?
Devs of Rust are troons

How do you know? Have you inspected their genitals?
Why were you doing that?

> you want to actually learn programming
nah.
I know shell, C, python

it's not really great but it's not bad either. it has some nice features like iterators + is fast as fuck.
ignore any idiot that tells you to use sepples unless you want to make games

Pretty steep yeah, probably one of the steepest. But the book is a good intro to it.

ok, see this is why no one takes it seriously. to say rust "can do" embedded when compared to C is absurd. one is a new language with just enough support to flash a chip, and the other is the de-facto standard, with extremely well-tested libraries going back decades, safety-certified libraries and compilers, full RTOS, etc.

if rust "can also do" web services, then i'm going to assume i might as well be writing in c++, but without any library support so why the fuck would i bother?

>Devs of Rust are troons
Why should that matter?

>Is it fast?
Slow to develop but fast to execute.
>Is there a lot of dependecies like python or shit like that?
Yes if you don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>I'm concerned with ... size of the program.
Library support for tiny programs is pretty bad. Most people optimize for performance instead of size.

It excels at nothing, it's fast but it's not worth it. It is used for libraries because of the safety but for anything else it's not worth fighting the compiler unless you have depression from normal people not accepting tranny freaks and it's either that or killing yourself.

>Rust pill
Do you mean estradiol?

>Nim
The installer is broken ever since linux repo jannies decided to break SSL by upgrading to libssl3

>Been thinking of taking the rust pill.
Why?