Are Japanese style AC units better than Western window units?

Are Japanese style AC units better than Western window units?

Attached: 358B1C17-D7FB-4F90-8E6A-30CBBA2D3E38.jpg (473x314, 15.18K)

What's the difference?

Worst AC unit checking in.

Attached: 670711_1.jpg (412x329, 8.68K)

Probably for their smaller spaces.

american ones, to my understanding, have small vents in every room whereas europeean and japanese have one huge aggreate in one room blowing out all the cold air

We use that style in Mexico, they're called minisplit / minisplit AC. They might be a little less efficient because the coolant travels a longer distance. But they're certainly better looking and quiet.

Condenser and evaporator are separated. Main advantage is quietness and ability to power multiple indoor units with single outdoor one.

Main drawback? You have to connect the units, which is often impossible in rental appartments.

Attached: wall-piping-diagram.jpg (1592x2600, 487.95K)

Is that what theyre called?
I have some at my house. Theyre kind of shitty and they break.
Obviously central ac is way better but im a poorfag and i rent anyways.

We use those in Colombia as well.

>Japanese style

Attached: 1573644240906.png (672x772, 195.11K)

>retarded foreigners cannot stop thinking about America
>don't realize that we have minisplit systems everywhere, in commercial, and residential use
What a terrible thread

Not really. Sometimes in summer if you turn on your AC it'll spit out a live cockroach into your room. They also get moldy, and even if you wash the filters regularly, every few years you need to hire someone to powerwash it. And then there's the fact that it really only works in one room.

I got one for my master bedroom so outside noise doesn't bother me like with the window unit. It was $3800 all in - including a cement pad outside and professional install through the wall.
It does let me keep the windows shut and block out noise which is nice but now they have these U-shaped ones from Midea that could do the same thing, if those existed in 2018 I would have just gotten one of those. It doesn't really work any better than a window unit as far as keeping the room cool.

>window units
stop being poor and get central A/C kid

In Europe (and in America if you aren't a nigger) we use the ones you incorrectly call Japanese style plus a heat pump.

>They might be a little less efficient
No they are more efficient than a window unit (without even considering a heat pump)

>U-shaped ones from Midea
see pic (idk why the bird is there lol)
you can even open the window while it's installed.

Attached: ujac.jpg (474x266, 12.55K)

>which is often impossible in rental apartments.
What shithole are you renting that requires you to use window units?

Example?

Worst economy in 50 years. Thanks.

With good insulation the energy losses are negligible. One issue I encountered is that birds learned that Armacell insulation makes perfect material for building nests. Cheeky fuckers.

>Theyre kind of shitty and they break.
Even the shittiest brands like Kaisai or Aux are rather reliable. If there are issues with AC units breaking often I would rather suspect shitty insulator.

All nuts must be properly torqued, system has to be checked for leaks using nitrogen, minimal bend radius on pipes must be adhered, vacuum has to be properly created, outdoor unit must be on anti-vibration mounts. This and a few more little things make for reliable AC.

Poland. Drilling holes in the wall is often a no-go in rented flat.

Split systems in Australia is normal the fuck does America used archaic window or portable shit or God forbid central

are zoomers this fucking retarded they can't even fucking google anymore? you can quite literally paste that exact phrasing into google and get results

Attached: 1656516710130.png (855x869, 130.61K)

Japanese bird enjoying conditioning.

Attached: Egyptian God cooking Spaghetti.jpg (485x375, 75.87K)

retard

Attached: 1641733688431.png (690x624, 140.96K)

In america theres just window unit for ghetto trailerpark trash and for when theyre remodeling your house and shit and central unit. If youre middle class youll have central unit.

Central air is pretty uncommon in New England, even many houses today are built without ductwork and hydronic heat is way more popular than forced hot air. Helps that it doesn't get brutally hot more than a few days a year on average.

I have one ac system per room all split so 5+ Kek Aussie houses are weird there's space in the roof for one yet they chose this fucktard system
Fucking moron they are really inefficient at just heating one or two rooms especially at night

>Poland. Drilling holes in the wall is often a no-go in rented flat.
Makes sense then
In the US, the owners of the apartments are the ones that should be supplying and maintaining the AC.
Even for the trailer I rent out I'm still responsible for the window units.