So this is the power of KDE Plasma

So this is the power of KDE Plasma

Attached: E204A6B2-9AC7-486A-AFAC-8C0ED119E4CA.jpg (4032x3024, 3.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinuxgui.in/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a lovely background!

Yep. Welcome to Konqi's Deluxe Environment

epic Linux Desktop UX

Attached: plasma.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

User error
You have to "feel" the rectangle that symbolizes the screen, I can't explain it in any better way
I have already successfully moved it about 3 times in my lifetime

This kind of shit shows up all the time in KDE.

Switch to an external monitor and back? Everything glitches out, from the wallpaper to the panels. Restarting the compositor doesn't help either, you have to log out.

Change display scaling? First of all you have to log out to apply, which is a pain, but the worst part is that if you switch back to default scaling your display layout gets all scrambled (and you have to deal with the trash display settings UI).

GNOME, on the other hand, just werks. Both on X11 and Wayland my experience has veen immaculate. Sure, it also has its UX faults at times, but nowhere near the level of KDE. I'm convinced all the KDE shills around have a completely static single-display setup.

Attached: 1652383176890.jpg (2214x2817, 1.31M)

works on my machine just fine.
archlinuxgui.in/

I have an ultrawide monitor and a high refresh rate monitor, both connected. Not only do they work just fine, on Wayland when I open up some applications that are supposed to use the monitor I want as primary on fullscreen, they do. With GNOME often times they just appear in the second screen. It also had variable refresh rate support for quite a while, whereas GNOME is just now testing it.

you were told not to move that rectangle there
read the manual before using shit
wontfix, closing as user error, discussion locked to contributors

Yeah KDE works just "fine" if your setup is entirely static. I have my PC hooked up to my AV receiver which is connected to my projector + 5.1 surround home theater setup. When I used KDE everything would get messed up whenever I turned on the AV receiver, whereas with GNOME shit just werks. I know it's a worst-case scenario, but adaptability in these kinds of situations is a quality that both GNOME and Windows have, and KDE lacks.

And that's just video, don't even get me started on the audio switching UI and the cumbersome "play all audio via this device" setting that had to be frequently activated despite no actual change from my end. Sure, GNOME needs an extension to even have the option of switching from the system tray, but at least that extension just werks.

Attached: raketa-les-poliana-solntse-luna-mesiats-flag-ozero-oblaka-ne.jpg (2048x2048, 1.84M)

You're right, it's not something I do frequently so I don't find it a problem but it's really broken with turning off monitors, at least on Wayland. I won't deny it sucks for that kind of situation.

Konqi's Dick is Enormous

Yeah, I'll acknowledge that KDE is pretty damn smooth if it's all configured on a static, stable setup. But general purpose DEs should aspire to Windows-like quality in terms of adaptability, and I hope KDE develops in that direction in the coming years. I definitely prefer the KDE devs to the GNOME circus.

>I definitely prefer the KDE devs to the GNOME circus.
Arch Clown detected.

The problem is KDE focuses too much of adding features instead of polishing and GNOME devs are just sitting on their asses telling everyone how things are not necessary therefore should not exist. Neither really end up appealing to the kind of person that wants a desktop that just works and works the way they want and is convenient to use.

Fedora, in fact.

Yup, a synthesis between the two would be ideal.

Kek

>.in
dropped

Cinnamon is pretty much windows 7, it's great