Does RUST has this problem?

Does RUST has this problem?

Attached: image.jpg (700x308, 40.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.rust-lang.org/stable/std/mem/union.MaybeUninit.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. Rust doesn't let you use the value of an unitialized value.

neither does basically any modern language

Yes, it relies on C libraries all over the place and you'll see your "rust" program segfault.

>unitialized value.
variable*
OP was asking about rust
> it relies on C libraries all over the place
what C libraries

So rust protects you against noob errors?

it literally uses libc and let's not mention all these crates that bundle C code and people use without a second thought

>it literally uses libc
Which libc? GNU libc? Musl?

You can create uninitialized memory in Rust (AND THATS A GOOD THING!): doc.rust-lang.org/stable/std/mem/union.MaybeUninit.html

brainlet who has never written a performant program in his entire life

Ah yea, I forgot about unsafe

Can a Rust program hypothetically have this problem? Yes. Is it likely to show up often? No. Deliberately using uninitialized memory requires the MaybeUninit type and an unsafe block. It's very difficult to use uninitialized memory accidentally.

Rust sisters where can I buy hrt?

Higher Ranked Trait bounds has been stabilized since v1.0.

most c compilers will swear at you if you attempt to as well

Cool, rust just won't compile.

Retard

Rust is pedantic about uninitialized memory, but buffer reuse is "safe" and has similar risks.
I don't know how this affects kernels.

> corporation that's invested millions of dollars in makes retarded claims
shocking.

>It's very difficult to use uninitialized memory accidentally.
>what is in-line assembly?
it takes two seconds to make rust completely unsafe, defeating its entire purpose.

>seatbelts are pointless because you can take them off

And it's taken 5 decades and counting to try to make C safe, and the best they could come up with was an entirely new language instead. All the projects attempting to make C programming less error prone in-place with linters/sanitizers/AI magic always limit themselves to detecting a very narrow set of bugs at runtime (asan/msan/tsan work, and are great at their narrow tasks, and catch most bugs most of the time) or inevitably become new language projects (cyclone, verona, wuffs, etc. And Rust).