Facts

If you don't know a lisp or smalltalk and refuse to learn, you are and forever will be just a codemonkey with no real appreciation for programming.

Attached: mccarthy.png (1600x1082, 1.38M)

I know both and they both suck for general use

No one likes Lisp. C won. Get over it, ivory tower loser.

I will never program in a blub language ever again.

>The computer must be able to jump to the conclusion that the only blocks
Nice sentence fragment, brainiac.

>lisp is the only real programming
I don't care about any "real programming" anyway.

Forth

This. The last step before ineluctably learn x86 and make a compiler of your own.
I'm just trying to learn about the different types of "threaded code". It's really interesting.
I'll implement a mini VM for each of them in my scripting language.
Next step is NASM, then a course on compiling a functional language.
I can't wait to have my own language seriously.

>I'll implement a mini VM for each of them in my scripting language.
to understand them.
Shouldn't be more that 100-150 lines each

> lisp
> Smalltalk
Pfffffffff

Attached: 51WoEr7603L._SX260_.jpg (260x335, 26.29K)

nigga you nerdy as fuck

>muh math n shit
Mathematicians ruin everything with their arbitrary formulas and unnecessary abstraction. But it filters the web shitter and self taughts, which is good.

>he doesn't know about Prolog
typical lispfag than cannot see higher than his blob language

>If I post a picture with math and talk about programming languages I'll appear smart

I hate when people lump Lisp and Smalltalk together.

Most of these people have probably at least tried Lisp, but I'm willing to bet that almost none of them actually used Smalltalk. Otherwise, they would know that it's woefully inferior from a practical perspective compared to Lisp.

The real advantage that Smalltalk has is that it has better image-based capabilities, but those that Lisp provides are still quite good. Everything else is worse.

>The real advantage that Smalltalk has is that it has better image-based capabilities,
I started doing research on Smalltalk recently. To see what's the big fuss is about.
I tried to get insights into its essence, into its model of execution, how it works. And on every page that I found, people keep saying that "image" are ones of the defining feature of Smalltalk and also GUI/interactivity/live coding bullshit.
I know the fundamental thing is message passing, bt still.
I'm starting to think that there is nothing to it. I don't give a fuck about fucking GUIs or images. That's not a fucking language thing. What a bunch of midwits.

They seem to purposefully avoid talking about the language per se.

This guy has a fancy style. But after playing with Scheme, I got myself back to C and Java for real world issues.

The only Lisp I use for real stuff is my Emacs config.

Attached: 1656862893801.png (548x477, 152.84K)

based real OOP enjoyer

Based Lispchad

Attached: lisp.jpg (1600x1150, 250.27K)

yeah, i've spent a few hundred hours with scheme and thought it was fun but pretty useless.

lisps are useless

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN"T SAY THAT !!!!