Uhhh...bros?

We cant let China win!
wccftech.com/china-domestic-zhaoxin-kh-4000-16-core-cpu-offers-single-core-performance-close-to-amd-1st-gen-zen-chips/

Attached: 134243234354.jpg (1299x871, 155.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuse.wikichip.org/news/733/zhaoxin-launches-their-highest-performance-chinese-x86-chips/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD–Chinese_joint_venture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's fucking awesome good for them.

it *is* an AMD first gen zen chip, isn't it? I recall AMD sold them the IP for it, or am i thinking of a different chinese chip?

ching long ping pong
i knew it was too good to be true

why is there cum on it?

The zen 1 clones from the deal with AMD are called 'Hygon'
I think this is natively developed/stolen

so when they manage to develop integrated circuits as good as taiwan or the US its pretty much ogre, no threat of sanctions/technology blacklists will stop them

Why do you shit eating retards always ask this exact same question. No, it has literally nothing to do with Zen, you're not even thinking of the right company. This is a direct evolution of a CPU line that has been in development for like 20 years.

i'll believe when i see it independently verified by a trusted non-chinese benchmarker

man they all sound the same, ok? jiang-jong this, xiang-ling that...
thankyou for the clarification, I thought this was a different manufacturer but I couldn't remember for the above reason.

No chance. That would require decades of work. Some of the materials needed to create it are advanced and are currently only made in certain countries, such as Japan.

Imagine coming to a tech board and not knowing a fucking thing about tech. Its like you retards never even read the news.
From 20 fucking 18:
fuse.wikichip.org/news/733/zhaoxin-launches-their-highest-performance-chinese-x86-chips/

On December 28 at a conference dedicated for independently-developed domestic Chinese CPUs, Zhaoxin officially launched their 5th generation KaiXian processors. Fabricated domestically on HLMC’s 28nm process based on the WuDaoKou microarchitecture, those processors represent a significant step forward.

Zhaoxin announced two new series based on their latest architecture: KaiXian 5000 (KX-5000) and the KaisHeng 20000 (KH-20000). Note that “KaiXian”/”KX” is exactly the same family as the previously named “Zhaoxin KaiXian”/”ZX”. The slight renaming was done to distinguish prior VIA Technologies architecture from Zhaoxin mostly domestically developed architecture.

so its just a VIA derivative? I hope the performance isn't that of a VIA derivative...

>no chance. the chinese will never develop [X technology]. That would require decades of work.
The US has nothing to fear, we'll always be the largest economy, right?

>so its just a VIA derivative?
In a very roundabout way, yes. VIA and this Chinese firm have been in bed for quite some time. They actually have an instruction set used by the Chinese government to encrypt state secrets which is pretty funny to think about.
About the only place you can really find these chips is in OEM machines for the Chinese market. Some foreigner on the Anandtech forums has reviewed a bunch of them though.

This. It's ridiculous. Developing the semiconductor tech is a very difficult undertaking but there's no reason to believe China is incapable of doing it. They're industrious and smart.

>Imagine coming to a tech board and not knowing a fucking thing about tech.
It's Any Forums, what did you fucking expect? It's NEETs and incels larping they have a clue about anything, in every topic.

cool, know any more exotic chink cpus?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD–Chinese_joint_venture
Fuck you're dumb

The Sunway RISC cores aren't well documented but they are noteworthy in that for a while a cluster was at the top of the Top500 supercomputer list

Attached: 1641617889485.png (1280x640, 832.74K)

>calling anyone else dumb when you're a 40 IQ mobile poster
Get murdered you AIDSfaggot moron. This has nothing to do with AMD.

That just confirms what I said though?

End of the first paragraph says Zhaoxin is a different thing, the article is about the Hygon processors.