Is satellite TV as bad as people say it is? i live in a fairly dry area so rain won't be much of an issue

is satellite TV as bad as people say it is? i live in a fairly dry area so rain won't be much of an issue

Attached: english-residential-satellite-tv-dish-receivers.jpg (2112x2816, 1.45M)

It works just fine. But paying for cable in any way is a waste of money, and internet on it sucks more ass than anything.

I live in a terrible clime and I only need to re-paint it once every 5 years.
It lasts 10 years anyways, also I use it for something else and I'm not sure if rust on the dish effects regular satellite TV as much as it effects other "protocols"

>2000+22
>still watching TV
why

Get a Starlink and just stream content/pirate shit.

>Paying two-hundred buckaroos a month to watch advertisements in 2022

When I lived in Las Vegas, with 360 days of perfectly clear skies and 2mm of annual rainfall, my satellite would lose signal probably 3-4 times a week. This was 2010-is though. Only time I've had satellite in my life (it was included in the rent).

Don't pay for satellite TV, please don't.
Service and reliability has only gotten worse over the years.

>watching television
>paying for television

Pay?
in euro poor satellite is the only free type of tv. sure a few stations have paywalls you need a receiver but i would say 80% of the stations are free.

Being an american board we'd assume you're from the US since you didn't mention a country.
In the US satellite is always a paid service, free TV is done through UHF.

If it's the case satellite TV is free, then there is nothing wrong with that, you're just paying for equipment, I assume, and not shelling out $200 monthly.

>In the US satellite is always a paid service, free TV is done through UHF.
There are hundreds of free satellite channels that you can pick up without a subscription with any dish in the US, and OTA broadcasts are in both UHF and VHF, you fucking moron.

Not officially
I'm sorry I didn't mention that some satellite enthusiasts using recycled direct TV dishes can get channels, some even pirate with license sharing, I forget the sperg hole we are in sometimes

is it hard to pirate tv?
i hate most tv and would never pay a dime for it but i find the idea of pirating it fun

Just get YouTube tv or fubo satellite and cable are done

Answer the question instead of acting smug

Just "pirate TV" over the internet. Unlike Russian an German military communication lines, modern broadcast companies know how to use encryption.

IPTV is simply a .m3u playlist file with [email protected]&pass=1234 tagged onto the url for accountage. illegal IPTV was a good percentage of all internet bandwidth behind NF, YT, TORRENTS just a few years ago before sling/youtube-tv launched. the crackdowns are brutal, though they haven't really stopped demand just delivery. Once you've paid $5/month for all the sports in the world everything else looks overpriced.

> people say it is
what people, rajeesh?

>i live in a fairly dry area so rain won't be much of an issue
then you'll have no problems.

No, (you) justify yourself.
Why are you still watching TrashV in the current year?

My parents still use satellite and we haven't had a "lost signal" since the early 2010's.
That being said, unless you're setting it up for your own parents or really want to watch some sort of weird niche exclusive programming, just don't watch TV, it's unnecessarily archaic in this day and age.