/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old: What are you working on, Any Forums?

Attached: mpv-shot0045.png (1280x720, 808.94K)

looking into mathematica, this looks pretty neat. shame it costs money.

Attached: shot.jpg (805x605, 75.09K)

>tfw afraid to run the unit tests too many times because they might uncover a new rare concurrency bug that never happens in practice and you'll waste a day fixing it because autism instead of actually working on what needs to get done for production, but you have to run the tests 100 times anyway because autism

Attached: uncomfortable_nipah.jpg (701x681, 36.86K)

pick a better language next time

>but you have to run the tests 100 times anyway because autism
do they not get run automatically before being deployed?

I just finished it, I don't feel well.

Attached: out.png (1200x800, 13.76K)

You don't understand autistic paranoia. If it ever fails at any point in the future you'll be devastated. It MUST be perfect before you send the PR.

>using a language where you have to be scared of concurrency bugs
grim

Can you make a swastika

> making mistakes
> unironically

>autistic paranoia
if we are going into autistic paranoia, bullying someone's PR to flood them with comments and suggestions or "oh wait, i changed my mind, maybe do this instead" to make them look bad is a common office politic to make others look worse since slow PR time and too many comments is a negative KPI
just ship it in a state where if something breaks it can be fixed with more PRs instead of a rollback

More shit

Attached: out.png (1200x800, 37.83K)

Thank God all my mistakes are merely ironic. Feels good bros.

just figure out who to blame and how to set up your PRs so that someone else breaks the build instead of you

my code reviews are slow because i test my change then send it to review
apparently i'm not supposed to do that
i write it and test it while they are reviewing it??

tyvm user sorry for late reply

Attached: fb_image_5afedcb870f37__700.jpg (700x368, 32.34K)

I think they meant you aren't supposed to be slow.

no they said "get it out now since the review is done, test it while they are reviewing it"

i'm actually a dogshit programmer

my entire life was a mistake lmfao

i have no redeeming qualities at all

same

stop whining and get back to studying

i actually am a complete failure of a person holy shit lol

i've been working in the industry for like almost 2 years and i shit you not i don't think i have solved a single problem on my own. i've already lost 1 job due to sheer incompetence so if i get fired i might just kill myself or just never go back into the industry, this shit isn't worth the stress

i'm employed and it's my day off. they haven't even assigned me any work formally since quarter goals haven't been planned yet