Windows VM Software

Is Hyper-V actually my best option?

Attached: file.png (395x136, 27.04K)

take the qubes pill

it's built in so why not

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: file.png (455x96, 9.88K)

it's difficult to get it to connect to the internet, last time I tried it was a whole process of commands just to get it to connect to the internet, compared to some others, where all you had to do was check a box

Depending on what you're trying to virtualize. If it's Linux then WSL is a better choice.

stop cheaping out ano0n

Attached: snapshot_20.59_[2016.12.24_06.42.12].png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

GNU/Linux distro -> Windows 10 -> Hyper V
Almost no games can detect it

What even are the other options besides VirtualBox and VMWare? QEMU?

do you have intlel cpu? virtualization is disabled by default in bios

It's OK, but has a few annoying restrictions, like you cant give the VM a partition, just the whole disk.

lmao really? fuck that.

use qemu instead. it has windows support

VMWare Workstation > Hyper-V > VirtualBox > qemu
Never used anything else.
do not fall for this man's lies but also fuck VirtualBox, just go quick 'n ez with Hyper-V or pirate VMWare Workstation. Or use VMWare Player (the free one) but I can't remember what the differences are and am too lazy to look.

qemu is way better than VBox if you can deal with the CLI interface. Even if you can't there's a GUI for it on Windows.
It supports both HAXM and VHPX.

>enter BIOS
>Incel: VTx Enabled
>AyMD: SVM Enabled
Depending on your mainboard OEM, you'll probably have to do this every time you update the firmware.

why do they disable it by default? some security bullshit?

kys isac

Why not proxmox? We're giving it a very thorough look currently.
Freeware version of vmware won't work on older equipment but even if you buy the full version, you still don't get features you may want like HA or live migration.
Proxmox gives you HA, live migration, etc for free. Pay for support and get access to software repositories.
I'm really trying to figure out why more companies aren't using it.

based schizo

Proxmox is OK, but it doesn't run on Windows. It makes not much sense for single machines either unless you really like the UI.
>why more companies aren't using it
They prefer paying out the ass for AWS, Azure or whatever.