Redpill me on why you'd ever spend over 50$ on a phone when a tracphone like picrel works fine

redpill me on why you'd ever spend over 50$ on a phone when a tracphone like picrel works fine

Attached: 901815-544448510.jpg (1500x1500, 172.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/MotorolaC123
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can buy a used flagship phone that a girl has probably touched

can't even access their website because "This request was blocked by the security rules"
must be very secure

>old os
>shitty camera
>slow as fuck
>probably no root
actually useless

$50? Try $30. You can get a Motorola C123 on eBay for like $30.
Replace the nonfree stock OS with: osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/MotorolaC123
And pay $10 per month to get unlimited talk + 5gb data (that you admittedly won't use on this phone but you can't find any dataless prepaid Sims in burgerland anymore) prepaid Sim cards.

Total? $40 for the first month, $10 every subsequent month. Boom. You gots a freedom and privacy respecting dumb phone with service for less than $150 across the whole first year.

Smartphones are replacing computers, they're no longer just communication devices. Things like termux allow you to do things that would only be possible on computers. The only real downside is phones are still using obsolete ARM CPUs instead of x86 CPUs so things like gaymes and most software that can run on computers has to go through software x86 emulation which heavily cripples performance even on high end smartphones.

Attached: SD480_vs_sandy_i3.png (1920x1080, 181.21K)

You smell like you shat yourself.

Of course to anyone too braindead to use the CLI, a phone really is nothing more than a walkie talkie.

Attached: tada.png (1080x1920, 286.33K)

I didnt read anything you said I just wanted to let you know you smell bad :)

Don't you shit your pants

Attached: Its_the_smell.jpg (450x253, 52.41K)

Yes, do you?

Why compare a low-end current gen part with a low end decade old part? i3 12100F gets 3x in single, with roughly equal multi to the 480.

I f''ed up, it's actually more like 3x.

The most important thing is the the camera and the battery.
My old ohone ran out of battery while i was at the hospital and had to ask for somebody to charge it. That wasnt fun.
Btw which phone had the best camera?

Because that's approximately where computers become useful for things more resource intensive than light web browsing and watching cat videos (which phones already excel at).

>using a phone for anything other than call/text
what are you doing with your life

see They're not "phones" anymore. I have a laptop and desktop but now I rarely use them when a couple taps on my "phone" does the same thing now.

Ive tried to turn my tablet into something i can be productive on but its just shit.

>no ultraruggeds mentioned
>nice screen, indestructible
>"cons" camera sucks, so fags and bitches mad
>holding the phone for 10 minutes increases free-test in your blood
All see here is old or fag phones, yngmi

Yeah without 1337 CLI skills, ARM devices aren't very useful. It could easily be fixed if companies dropped this piece of shit ISA and upgraded to x86 but the app store money probably means they'll never let that happen.

No i know termux and stuff like dcoder...
Well i havent memorized everything though so if i make a coding mistake id have to close the app snd open up the browser each time...
Its also a pain in the ass to copy and paste text into eord documents.
Its just a pain in the ass.
If the only problem was the cpu i could just ssh into my pc.
Its be better if there was a way to split the screen between the browser and termux or something.