How often should you replace your phone battery?

How often should you replace your phone battery?

Attached: battery.jpg (1024x557, 76K)

when it becomes useless for daily use, about 2-4 years it depends on phone, manufacturer, capacity and some luck

Stop using your god damn phone all the time. No wonders you need to charge it every single time and your battery degrades so quickly.

I used it for 10 minutes and the battery depleted by 10% with low power mode on

use charger that has 0,5A and dont charge over 60-70%

>instantly loses 30-40% of battery capacity
great advice, retard

never, just buy a new phone whenever your battery goes below 80%, what are you, poor?

Just ditch the phone and buy a new one

liion will still calendar age regardless of cycling
id be happy if i could get a lto battery phone even if it had to be an inch thick to get the same capacity desu

Yeah. But you already fucked up the cells inside the battery because the battery has a bunch of charge cycles already. Your only option is to suffer with battery drain or replace the battery, assuming you can find a genuine one and not some aftermarket bullshit that has a fake capacity.

Oh and fast charging ruins your battery as well. Charging it to 100% also does the same thing.

Current battery tech is garbage. And of course it won't change any time soon. Otherwise manufacturers would go out of business.

>fast charging ruins your battery as well.
no shit. you can physically feel the phone getting hot and batteries hate heat. here is good advice, if during charge you notice your phone getting hot, lower amperage as suggested. yea it will take 4 hours to charge instead of 20 minutes, but what are you, a phone addict? you can go something else in meantime like cook dinner for your family or walk the dog

When it starts having issues. It's not like changing oil, it's like changing a clutch.
Yeah, it's a "wear item" but it's not something that needs to be scheduled.

lto isnt garbage, 30k cycles n 20 year calendar life is pretty good by my standards, its just the energy density that sucks a bit

i wish i could just plug in a 100w charger and then set the charging characteristics from an app or some shit on my phone itself if i want to slow it down for the benefit of the battery lifespan

>Charging it to 100% also does the same thing.
Phones say they're 100% well before they're 100%. If you're charging your phone until it's 80% then you're probably actually only charging it until it's like 60%.

I have a tablet and i've been using it everyday in the last 3 years. I charge it during the night from my PC's USB ports and battery still works great. Meanwhile my 1 yo phone's battery is shit i have to charge it more than once a day. I use his charger because it can't be charged with low current chargers. It works only when I>1.5A. i hate Samsung phones

>from my PC's USB
yea literally because that port outputs very little amperage
see you get real world tests right now itt

I haven't replaced a phone battery since they started sealing them in phones but I'll probably replace the one in my iPhone 11 when it gets to 80%. I'm not a new phone every few years type of guy, especially with inflation

Usb2 is 500ma and I believe usb3 upped it to 900ma

>just consume product
Capitalism was a mistake.