MATE vs XFCE

What is better in 2022, MATE or XFCE and why?

I don't care about your cringe window managers btw. I want a nice desktop. KDE and GNOME trannies also need to stay out.

Attached: e234.jpg (700x933, 81.92K)

Cinnamon? I don't get XFCE, it's too minimalist and lacking features, only worth it if your PC is a toaster.

I personally like XFCE. Minimal, decent, and while I don't like how it looks by default, if you customize it it's awesome

up

MATE. XFCE is missing features and customization. MATE you can pretty much do anything you want.

How likely is it XFCE will be abadoned by the devs in the next 5 years?

What features is xfce lacking?

> Built in file manager is too basic
> No dock without third party
> Hundreds of other small things
Whenever I try to use it I always try to do something and can't. Really no reason to use it over MATE.

I love Thunar though, the builtin bulk rename feature is powerful and very easy to use.

Unlikely, xfce has been around for 20+ years and is still very popular

You can use thunar on MATE. Granted you could also use nautilus on XFCE but it won't be as well integrated.

I use XFCE

Attached: yfdo.jpg (558x442, 70.52K)

lets say I have a potato running with a 2ghz core 2 duo, is XFCE my best option?

MATE is a lot more polished, and I found it less buggy too

not true

well, if you say mr. user then I guess I was wrong

nigger what is your major malfunction? it's 2022, you can get 16 gigs of ram for like fifty bucks. you have no excuse not to use a fully featured desktop environment

your best option is to suck one single dick and get enough money for a computer that can run GNOME in the current year

>you have no excuse not to use a fully featured desktop environment

Actually, I have 64 gb of ram but I still refuse to use shit like Gnome or KDE. Because they are just disgusting abominations.

>only worth it if your PC is a toaster.
exactly. works on my toaster

why not just use windows if you have money for good hardware at that point. kinda defeats the point of linux

hm

It's called not having a desktop that spies on everything you do and reports it to the US government, you bootlicker