/iemg/ & /pmp/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
azalush5.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/dap-comparison-2022-01

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ IEM Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame
• Aria Snow Edition(Aria with better QC but different tuning) - 80$

/iemg/ Earbuds Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame1

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• CX-Pro Audio 31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• none(because people keep asking)
scarbir.com/

Old thread:

Attached: 1656930998143.jpg (1475x1080, 370.78K)

Do not buy Variations
Do not buy Aria Snow

First for CRA.

Daily reminder
Harman research found that there is a subgroup of 21% of listeners who preferred more bass than the Harman target provides. This cluster of people tend to be younger, male, and, as Oliver says in the interview, more aggressive (“testosterone”)

So basically everyone here who prefers nobass pos (like a moondrop chu) are just testosterone-free s o y b o y s (or a 50yo womens lol)

> YOU'RE SCHOOLBOY HAHA
Learn to read
64% of listeners prefer harman target level of bass (neutural bass)

More testosterone = more bass

Attached: image.png (1080x1248, 351.91K)

heavy bass ruins music unless you listen to pop or edm, almost everything i listen to sounds like bloated mess on cra

>
> > Most of us want less bass than Harman, particularly in the boomy midbass region because that starts to drown out male vocals and some instruments
> Boomy midbass and drown out male vocal casued not by harman-styled bass. Because the Harman bass has a rise in the subbass zone, not mid bass
> This is only a problem with your earphones/your inability to read graphs
> > where any bass boost sounds boomy and unnatural.
> No it isn't
>
> Learn to use EQ
> Learn to read FR graphs

PUTIN TARGET ARRIVES!!!

Attached: putin target.jpg (897x379, 59K)

Bros.. Abigail or Avani? I can't decide

How and how often do you clean your foam tips?

Should I buy both Aria SE and Moondrop Sparks?

Wait for new moonkek TWS - Moondrop Alice.

no, get a different tws

aria se if a good purchase if you like the tuning.

wtf yaoyao never

Attached: 1615163148834.png (850x850, 719.19K)

>So here's the deal with the Dioko based upon some quick listening. In my opinion, the tuning isn't anything mind-blowing for $100. I've said it before, I'll say it again...all of these new planar IEMs sound like they have their fare share of tonality issues to me. Listeners who want a smooth, natural listen should probably give this a pass; 7Hz's own Timeless would suit better. But technicalities, if you just want technicalities, you could probably snap this up now, as I'd be hard-pressed to think of an IEM more technical for $100
Literally $99 CRA.

So you're telling me
EQ.

crazy how cra is still pretty much a sub $500 king for its signature
just how incompetent chinks can get that they're able to pull something this godly for $15 but are unable to surpass it with their mid tier and even luxury tier stuff

The more testosterone I inject the more I EQ down the bass and lower the overall volume because my hearing gets more acute. As you would expect would be the case in high test hunters of the past.

Basically, Harman studies = bs
But believe what you want, soicuck

Okay auntie

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 4.37K)

Shure SE215 worth it in 2022? I have chu and blon and listen through a dragonfly black connected to my phone. I would like the SE215 for the comfy fit and noice cancelling. Or is there a better IEM around 100 euro with those quality's?

Nice retort. Really added to the discussion. What's your test level? Have you even gotten it checked?

Denial about what? I literally gave my objective experience on differing testosterone levels and provided a reason high test people would historically listen at lower db wanting less bass. You should also get your test levels checked

Y yaoyao 3.2 for sure...

Attached: 1656866338982.png (1968x2399, 3.68M)

You're speaking from your alternative schizo world. In reality young people want more bass.

This kills the shizo.

Attached: 400px-Lindos1.svg.png (400x359, 42.22K)

>young people want more bass.
First it was high test people. Now it's young people. Next it will be young Asian Ladyboys.

>First it was high test people. Now it's young people
>This cluster of people tend to be younger, male, and, as Oliver says in the interview, more aggressive (“testosterone”)