Javascript's reign of terror is comming to an end

Javascript's reign of terror is comming to an end

Attached: HTML-5-6_01-copy.jpg (1600x800, 333.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pyscript.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JS sucks but it has the key advantage of being easily blockable, so in most cases if you don't trust a website you can just block js (or rather, not allowing it in your whitelist) and vastly reduce any privacy and security bullshit it might have.
Integrating its capabilities into html will make that same bullshit much harder to avoid.

Maybe thats why they stopped html and css.
They were getting too powerful.

These terms are just buzzwords by people who don't understand HTML and CSS.

Ok sweaty but JS also replaced many languages on server side (Java, PHP, Ruby)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 682DF1BF-15AF-442E-A942-E66495D7D945.png (1200x1043, 89.76K)

Nodejs doesnt run on my computer when i visit a website i think

Nodejs is running on the backend, sir. You are running javascript that is part of the website as client-side code.

*kills javascript*
pyscript.net/

Hey I know what fix this bloat
Some more bloat!

It's funny because the whole PyScript VM is probably smaller than your average React app.

The reason corporations use react is because it organizes the code I think. Otherwise they'd use jquery.
I don't know just guessing.

What makes you think? Also
>reign of terror
you are either using it in a way that is wrong OR
you are only reading code of people who are using it in a wrong way

abso-fucking-lutely not

I am learning react right now for a new job.

It sucks. And if blocking JS results in pages being completely unusable because they use react, then you better not use that page anyways, because companies/orgs that require this piece of crap should not be trusted anyways.

quickjs is smaller than python will ever be

Pyscript downloads nearly 20mb of resources from the web just to run fucking hello world. React in contrast is like 30kb by default when it's build optimized and minified.

pyscript is what happens when datascience memelets refuse to learn anything else at all cost

but javascript is pretty good these days

>In short, our mission is to bring programming for the 99%.
Heh.

>Otherwise they'd use jquery
what's the point of jquery in 2k19 + 3?
Every major problem it solved is now solved in vanilla JS.

>PyMite is a flyweight Python interpreter written from scratch to execute on 8-bit and larger microcontrollers with resources as limited as 64 KiB of program memory (flash) and 4 KiB of RAM.
Any of these Small Python and JavaScript interpreters tend to be gaping assholes in terms of memory leaks, and only run a small subset of the language.

jQuery is a framework just like react only that its super lightweight. I mean its not like react can do anything that javascript can't either.

React is better than vanilla js for complex web applications, but Vue is better than React.

>what's the point of jquery in 2k19 + 3?
while i've personally preferred using no libs for many years, i can see why someone would want to stick with $(chaining).jquery().calls() if that's exactly what they've been doing for over a decade
many (most?) programmers have no idea what they're doing. don't ask them to learn new thing.