Create a LinkedIn profile for jobs because I need to "network"

>Create a LinkedIn profile for jobs because I need to "network"
>Endless fake posts of not judging a book by its cover or look at how selfless I am
>DM's from Indians offering me discounts to their seminars or books
>Constant and I mean CONSTANT posts about abortion, gays, trans people on this professional networking website
>Searching for jobs is a minefield of 90%+ of fake companies harvesting CVs and personal details

What exactly is this website? It's like an AI wrote an even worse Facebook for out of touch boomers. I'm convinced everybody on there is a bot.

Attached: Linkedin-Logo.png (3400x2125, 6.64K)

I've been thinking about making one from a lack of luck with Indeed / direct applications. Sounds like a hard pass?

>90%+ of fake companies harvesting CVs and personal details
expectation is that your CV full of latest webshit cumsock buzzwords is fully public along with those personal details so recruiters who don't know what any of those buzzword terms mean can spam you with inquiries for vacancies that contain those keywords

It’s the best way to see what actually happened to your HS friends after graduation and not just see what they want you to think happened on their FB timeline.

Protip: the farther back their history goes on their LinkedIn timeline, the worse they’re doing. HS should not still be relevant in your 30s.

Attached: 3FCE3358-69C6-41EB-8BC0-A394A7C33CB4.jpg (667x501, 130.94K)

>What exactly is this website?
It's Facebook for the cubicle farm. Don't know anyone who's ever gotten hired off it.

Nobody from my high school even has a linkedin. They must all be entry level wageslaves.

LinkedIn is like fishing. You put bait out and get fish tugging at your line. If you don’t want a particular fish, you don’t have to reel it in.

You can produce video content demonstrating your expertise, post it on LinkedIn, and wait for recruiters or managers to message you. I recently got a $50k pay increase this way

N/A in all linkedin fields on direct applications, never using that horrendous platform.

>the farther back their history goes on their LinkedIn timeline, the worse they’re doing. HS should not still be relevant in your 30s.
I always thought the reverse meant they were doing good. I know a few good students from my high school who included their high school GPAs and whether or not they were in gifted programs. This isn't related, but I know one girl who included the fact that she was prom queen on her linkedin, which I found beyond cringe.

You have to be a bit creative with your searching. Adding the state to your Google search really helps.

Make a fake/blank one, you can use it to browse jobs then send your actual CV

gigabased

Good luck if someone finds your real first and last name by the way, linkedin will be there, and depending on how actively you use it, massive fucking data farm

are you familiar with a term bullshit jobs?
well if you need to have a linkedin account then you have a bullshit job, period

This is accurate. It is full of HR women and middle managers whose job titles make absolutely no sense. "VP of direct communication and processing of employee related forms for travel expenses". Wtf is this? A receptionist?

>I know one girl who included the fact that she was prom queen on her linkedin, which I found beyond cringe.
Peaked in highschool.

From my graduating class 2 people besides me have a LinkedIn. Fucking lol

she sounds hot
post LinkedIn username

>checking out all my highschool friends
>I turned out the best

Attached: 0e9.jpg (800x450, 39.3K)

Why would i want to look at what those losers are doing?

>What exactly is this website?
Professional networking. FB type posts are frowned on.
>It's like an AI wrote an even worse Facebook for out of touch boomers.
It has changed a lot over the years, a lot fo features have been removed, mostly to the detriment of the site.
>I'm convinced everybody on there is a bot.
Not all. Just don't accept invites from people you don't know, especially Russians. If in doubt, run a reverse image search on the pictures. Bots use stolen pictures.

You can flag that you are not looking for a new job.

Feelsgood to see the high school pests exploring a career in carpet cleaning.