/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*The cheap bastard is sleeping* edition
Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1656755294310.jpg (755x968, 100.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.pl/content/www/pl/pl/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html
a.co/d/iNfOepL
crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/vivobook-15-x512da
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New to react and webdev in general - what would be the best way to write something where you have several thousands of stuff on screen at a time, and you can interact with them individually? I had them all as s but it lags the browser quite a bit.

What ever happened to the mpv general?

Could we say that AWK is a query language?

Attached: 1656421374016.jpg (843x784, 163.76K)

I'm trying to set up Twitch authentication for yt-dlp which is how I like to stream things in mpv (on Windows).

Using the .netrc method with credentials sitting in a .netrc file in my user profile directory, and a --netrc argument in my yt-dlp config file, the initial authentication appears to be successful but Twitch sends me a Login Verification Code email.

It's treating mpv+yt-dlp as an unrecognised device+browser each time I try this, even if I'm able to use the verification code in a Chrome browser Window, this still won't work.

Any ideas? Would Streamlink be better for this?
Not super important, this is just so I can avoid the ads when I go to watch a channel I have subscribed to.

Attached: yt-dlp .netrc.png (1791x1413, 58.97K)

Nah, it isn't.

Attached: 1656758998296.gif (800x400, 3.22M)

How do I upgrade my Bluetooth drivers? I'm stuck on 20.100.10.7 no matter what I do. I tried uninstalling the Bluetooth device and then installing Intel drivers from here: intel.pl/content/www/pl/pl/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html . It says the version is 22.140.0.4, but when I install them, I still see 20.100.10.7 in the device manager. And when I launch the installer again, it asks me if I want to upgrade from 20.100.10.7 to 22.140.0.4. I say yes, it installs fine but I still only get the 20.100.10.7 driver in the device manager. When I launch again, the same shit happens. What is up with that?

Have you tried the Intel Driver Support Assistant? It scans your OS installation and device for Intel components that could need driver updates.
It simplifies downloading the installation files and running them.

I want to pirate adobe but I do not have a VPN... is it not possible?

Why not?

How the fuck do people find those absurd, obnoxious shaped cases?
Like that stupid cat, or something like a HP Omen, or just any tryhard-ish "look ma im special" style meme cases?
Please don't say it's just having to spend 400 hours a day browsing shit like Aliexpress?

would you buy a lenovo ideacentre aio 3?
I want to change my old laptop for something that takes less space than a regular desktop computer
is this a good idea?
why is it so ugly, though?

Because all it does at its core is extract fragments from text streams, line by line. Although it's Turing-complete (which language isn't?), the only useful application of AWK is to parse text and pretend to do useful things with it.
Like pretty much all Unix tools, `awk` is a symptom of mental wankery.

the ugly thing in question

Attached: lenovo-monitor-ideacentre-aio-3-24-intel-subseries-hero.jpg (725x515, 34.78K)

I have an old system drive I encrypted with veracrypt. Can I somehow decrypt it from inside a running OS and mount it?

give it back, tyrone

Recommend ram for this pls? a.co/d/iNfOepL
I have no experience with laptop specs

Attached: 1652972472449.png (2006x2006, 507.22K)

It is a swimming shark, right?

>would you buy a lenovo
No, I wouldn't take their BIOS rootkits even for free.
If you want to "augment your google searches with useful results" and random ads on your lock screen then go ahead.

Attached: 1656762848033.jpg (1080x1640, 488.69K)

>aSUS
Can't make a proper recommendation without opening it up and looking at the type used.
But Crucial seems to shill especially for this laptop? crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/vivobook-15-x512da

I haven't used it for 6 years and still kinda know the password, but booting from it and trying around is very cumbersome.

Yeah, s would be laggy.
Try to play with the element, and if the perf are not even good enough with it, take a look at webassembly, which might be overkill tho.

Attached: 1647870660139.jpg (674x480, 117.12K)

Yep

>spend 400 hours a day browsing shit like Aliexpress
More like 5 minutes. But you're right, is a rabbit hole.

Attached: rabbitu keisu.jpg (640x640, 231.48K)